Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#30417] Maren Kristensdtr of Bragernes, m. 1682

Gjest Mary Farrell
 Del

Gjest Mary Farrell

In 1749 there was a probate for Anne Kristensdtr at Kleven in Hov, SondreLand, Oppland. She was 103 years old, single, and survived by her sister's children.One of the sisters was Mari, dead, with two children: Bent, a shomaker in Bragernes, and Mari, a widow.The IGI shows me a marriage in 1682 in Bragernes for Maren Kristensdtr to Svend Bentson. There's a baptism for son Bent in 1694 and a marriage for a Bent Svendson in 1724 to Helvig Svendsdtr. There's a marriage in 1714 for Maren Svendsdtr to Johan Scheitlither.In 1738 there's a probate for Johan Scheitli. Widow is Maren Svendsdtr, whose parents are indentified in the probate as Svend Bentson, dead, and Maren Kristensdtr, still living. There were two sons, Leonhard, 21, and Nikolai, 19.I am hoping that someone will now more about the ancestral line for these sisters. Plus any information about descendants.Anne Kristensdtr had two more sisters. They were Anniken, who lived in NordreLand and was married to Ommelstad. I have this line and it is huge. The other was a Berit, who had sons named Peder (living in Hadeland), Kristen, and Iver (at Berg). Without any patronyms these are going to be hard to locate.Thank you for any light you can shed on the families.Mary Farrell

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

IGI: Anniken Kristensdatter b.ab.1671 Land married ab. 1691 Anders Erichsen b.ab.1667 Hommelstad farm, Land-dead/burried? 1/1 1748.Children: Erich B.ab.1672/1688/1692 Hommelstad/Ommelstad-Torpen, Land.Mari/Marit b.ab.1690/94 same place - dead before or 1731. Married to Lars Kjeldsen.Bergitte/Birgitte b.ab.1692/96 same place. Married ab. 1717 Land to Lars Jonsen.Kiersti b.ab.1694/1698. Married ab.1719 Land to Nils Gulbrandsen.Then it was Berit, and I have found one Berthe Chrestendatter who was married 22/11 1696 in (N)Aurdal to Siver Andersen.Some children born i Aurdal: Chresten Sivertsen born/bapt.? 19/11 1693 (N)Aurdal. Christen Sivertsen bapt. 16/1+ 1696 (N)Aurdal, father Siver Rud. Iver Sivertsen bapt. 11/12 1701 (N)Aurdal, father Sifver Øihuus. No Peder found.I have my doubts about Berit and the children.The churchbooks for (N)Land begins 1708 and (N)Aurdal 1692.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rigmor Waler Iversen

Hi :)This was very interesting. Annichen Christensdatter and Anders Eriksen Ommelstad was my 6 great grand parents.The story tells that Anders Eriksen was a very rich man, and he was called 'Kongen på Ommelstad' (The King of Ommelstad) The story also tells that Annichen acted as a queen, and they said she had to come from some other place than Land. She made her husband build a house with towers etc.I am from their daugther Mari Andersdatter who was married to Lars Kjeldsen Vinjar. Lars is the son of Kjell Tellsbøen 'Telebonden', that I have worked to find out things about for many years now. On Digitalarkivet nr. 4415 you can read more about Telebonden, his sons, and the tragical story about Mari and Lars daugther Ingeborg, that escaped with her uncle to Sweden, and that Mari Andersdatter died on Monday 21 mai 1731, while her man was out and chasing his daughter Ingeborg, and brother Anders.LenkeI am very interested in everything about this people to. It looks like Annichen came from Bragernes. Is that correct?*Smile* from Rigmor

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary  Farrell

Hi Rigmor,I should also have posted this on the Oppland forum. So, I am glad that you found it. Too soon to tell if the sisters came from Bragernes. But that's what I am hoping. There are early Bragernes church records, but they are very difficult to read. The Bragernes sister seems to have also been pretty well-off financially. It looks like a grgrandson married into the Gram family.And, I do have copies of the Torpa bygdeboker, so I know about the Telebonde. And I have tried unsuccessfully to find anything about them in the Tinn books.Mary

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rigmor  Waler Iversen

Hi again Mary :)Do you read Norwegian? Have you looked at lenken I mensioned?Maybe you can scan the page/pages from the church records, if you have found something interesting there. Maybe someone here on Digitalarkivet can help us to read it?Yes, I do also think that Annichen came from a family with much money. But who is her parents?? How does your line from Annichen and Anders look?As I said, my line is from their daughter Mari Andersdaughter and Lars Kjeldsen Vinjar, and then again their daughter Berit, who was the witness of what happened with her sister Ingeborg, and told the story, and also told that her father came from Telemark.You can also reach me by mail Mary, It is rig-mor@online.no but I`m also sure that it is more people who is interested in the same persons as we are.*Smile* from Rigmor

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary Farrell

Hi, RigmorMy Norsk is good enough to do the genealogy and get the general meaning of the stories. It is slowly improving over the years.But, the big news is that I have found the 4th sister and she was also in Land. I don't know how I missed her. I know how unforgiving computers are and know to search for both Berte and Berit as variations of the same name. But this one I completely overlooked. In 1745 there was a probate for the 77 year old, Gulbrand Pederson Sedal. He had been married twice. By his first wife BERTE KRISTENSDTR, he has sons, Peder, Kristen & Iver. And, interestingly, by his second wife, Anne Svendsdtr, he had Berit who married Erik Anderson Hommelstad, Anne b. 1710 who married Kristoffer Knutson Vingjar/Smedsrud , Gjertrud, b. 1714, m. 1 Torkild Larson Raaum, m. 2 Simen Knutson Raaum, and lastly the twins born in 1717, Svend Gulbrandson and Kristoffer Gulbrandson. Svend in not listed on his father's probate, so I will be looking for a death record for that one. Kristoffer I figure married Anne Fransdtr and lived at Skoyeneie.So, we have 3 out of 4 sisters in Land. Probably natives then. I know the stories say that Anniken came from elsewhere.I am smiling,Mary

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Rigmor Waler Iversen

Hello again Mary :)Have you seen this 6.august 1707 Lars Olsen lille Ambjør?It says that his closest family on his fathers side is Anders Eriksen Hommelstad in Torpa.Have you found out anythong else about Annichen, sisters or parents?*Smile* from Rigmor

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary Farrell

Hi, RigmorYes, I did see that, but have yet to figure out what the relationship was between Lars O. Lille Ambjor & Anders E. Hommelstad.And, sorry, nothing new on Anniken. I've been doing some Telemark research, but nothing in showing up there, either.A bit of interesting information in the Tinn, Telemark church records which begin in 1717. There you will find both the name Kittel and the name Kjel. But very few Kjels. The pastor was obviously making a distinction and hearing them as two different names. So, maybe Tinn is really the origin of the Telebonde.Mary Farrell

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 år senere...
Gjest Lars E. Øyane

Mary, I don't find your e-mail anywhere, so I try to contact you this way...I invite you to view discussion items #52873 and #52874; maybe you have something to add about these Telemarkings...?Thanks a million!Sincerely yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 måneder senere...
 Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.