Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

John Meldal from Hadsel in Nordland -- help!

Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

• Svar 80
  • Opprettet
  • Siste svar

Topp bidragsytere i dette emnet

• Margaret Miller

• Rolf Sverre Alsos

• Lars Østensen

• Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen

Hei Werner

I do not read Norwegian very well, and I write it even worse!  I gather you have been following our rather lengthy debate about Johannes Johannesen Meldal.  I have concluded (based on information provided by Margaret & Lars) that Johannes was probably the legitimate son of Johannes Nielsen.  Although there is no positive proof.

Johannes Nielsen died 16 Mai 1788 at Breknes u. Brekk in Sømna.  Ingeborg Jonsdatter died in 1802 at Lekang nedre.  Her children, John/Johannes Meldal and Johanna Johannesdtr, were living at Lekang nedre in 1801.  I assume this is why Ingebor was there.

About your post:  "Dette henger jo bra i hop!?" and "Dessuten var han 1.g.g. såkalt "fint", om det kunne bety noe."-- I could not translate these two sentences.

I hope this helps...  :unsure:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi again,  The sentence above in norsk, I was saying perhaps Jon was told at a later age who his father really was, and then took the name Meldal.  Or it can be a funny form of Mardal.  His father has to be a ?.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for responding, Margaret.  This is a mystery, to be sure.  But I think John Meldal is probably the son of Johannes Nielsen.  As for the origin of Meldal... it is an even bigger mystery.  This name seems to appear out of the blue.  Maybe it's a variation on Mardal  I just don't know.  And I think I've explored this about as much as I can!

Tusen takk

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for responding, Margaret.  This is a mystery, to be sure.  But I think John Meldal is probably the son of Johannes Nielsen.  As for the origin of Meldal... it is an even bigger mystery.  This name seems to appear out of the blue.  Maybe it's a variation on Mardal  I just don't know.  And I think I've explored this about as much as I can!

Tusen takk

I agree that it is a dead end and  you are done with it.  We don't know the father.  I would use a ? and stop there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider