Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#14283] OLE DOKKEN AND JOHN DOKKEN OLSON

Gjest Mausey Hagen
 Del

Gjest Mausey Hagen

I show that my great grandfather John Dokken Olson was born in 1865 to Ole Dokken and they came to USA in 1967. In the search I show John's mother as Petra. When they came here and Ole had other children he was married to Hilleborg. Can someone let me know if Ole Ellingson Dokken I find in the 1865 census might be the same person. It shows Ole as 39 years old which sound correct.Thanks Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

This Ole Dokken settled down in Cuba, Becket, Minnesota, right? Wife Hillborg.I hardly think that this could be the same man because he had a son called John born about 1865 in Norway and a daughter called Ana born about 1868 in Norway. As you might have noticed he even had further children:Ole DOKKEN, 42,NORWAY(he's younger than the 1865 Ole too)Hilleborg DOKKEN,Wife, 44 NORWAYJohn DOKKEN Son S Male W 15 NORWAY At Home NORWAY NORWAYAna DOKKEN Dau S Female W 12 NORWAY At Home NORWAY NORWAYMagreta DOKKEN Dau S Female W 8 MNLisi DOKKEN Dau S Female W 6 MNSam Orsen DOKKEN Son S Male W 4 MNHelmina DOKKEN Dau S Female W 2 MNOlaf DOKKEN Son S Male W 2M MN-----The other Ole lived in Botne parish in Vestfold county, 1865 Lenke-----

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Well, IGI Familysearch mention a child named EDVART CHRISTIAN OLSEN, born 17 DEC 1865, Christening: 11 FEB 1866 Botne, Vestfold, Norway. Parents Ole Ellingsen and Petra Andersdotter : I believe Andersdotter is the same as Andreasdotter.I think you have to look for another family in the 1865 census.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Found in Fam.search:Anna Olsd. 2/9-29/9 1867 Granvin, Hordaland, parents Ole Iversen and Hilleborg Styrkaarsdatter.Johannes Olsen 13/2-16/2 1865 Granvin, Hordaland, same parents.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Thank you for your help. I think we have found the right person. The birthdates match up with what I have. I still don't understand the connection with the name 'Dokken'.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen
LenkeIt is only the link to familysearch.Parents search: I wrote the fathers name Ole Iversen and mothers name Hillebor. Nothing more.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

First of all I searched for Ana Olsdatter in Family search (FS) since I did not know the last name of her parents.Ane Olsdatter, born in Norway 1868 +-2years, father Ole and mother Hilleborg. That is how I found the last name of her parents.Then I used the parents search to try to find the other children.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Thank you Berit, I was able to find the first search for Ana Olsdatter but was unable to find the second search for Ole Iversen and Hillebor. All I got was the US 1880 census (nothing for Norway).Also, I received some information from a grandson of John Dokken Olson that said Ole Dokken and Hilleborg (parents of John) were from Ness, Norway and Ole's parents were Ole Dokken and Margrete Jorgenson Dokken both of whom lived and died in Ness.Now I am really confused.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I can't understand why you are not abel to find 2. search. You must not write anything else or change anything (not birth, year, country, name of child). When I do it it is written on the right side: Census/1880 US Census-over 25. IGI/Norway 2.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Thanks for your assistance, but I still cannot get the search you got. This is what I entered: Ane Olsdatter, birth +-2years 1868, father ole, mother hilleborg, country Norway, - I got IGI/Norway 2.Then I added Iversen for father's last name without changing anything else and I still got IGI/Norway 2.When I tried Ole Iversen, spouse Hilleborg, country Norway, all I got was US 1880 census.I don't know why it doesn't work for me, but I will keep trying.Thanks for getting back to me and for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

For search on parents you must only use the 'boxes' on the right side: FATHER (ole) LAST NAME (iversen)and MOTHER (hilleborg)----LAST NAME (nothing), and do nothing else. Do not use the 'boxes' on the left side: First name - last name and spouse.I hope you can find it now.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Thank you so much Berit!It did work - I didn't know about this feature. It will help me a lot in the future. Thanks for staying with me and the great instructions.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 år senere...
Gjest Mausey Hagen

I would like to find the 1865 census for Nes in Halingdal, Buskerud and possibly the Dokken farm. My great-grandfather's step-father Ole O. Dokken immigrated from Nes in Halingdal in 1867 to the US to Decorah, IA. I would appreciate any help I can get on trying to locate him in Norway. Thanks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Thank you Gunn,I am sure it is him as I have learned that his father was Ole Jorgenson. Thanks for finding this for me.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.