Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#14543] Birth Records Oslo

Gjest Arne Mikal Mikkelsen
 Del

Hei AlleMy great grandfather Herman Marcus Julius Halvorsen was born in Oslo on October 27, 1842. Are there birth records for Oslo? His father was Halvor Mikkelsen Abelsted, mother?Are there ways to obtain birth records from that period in Oslo?Tusen takkArne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Hi Arne Mikal! There are lots and lots of churchrecords for Oslo.take a look here: LenkeThen, I found him on www.familysearch.org HERMAN MARCUS HALVORSEN Male Event(s): Birth: Christening: 13 NOV 1842 Domkirken, Oslo, Akershus, Norway Parents: Father: HALVOR MICHELSEN ABELSTED Mother: ELEN PEDERSDR WANGLaila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Takk LailaHalvor Michelsen Abelsted and Elen Pedersdatter Wang (Vang?) may have been married in Oslo. I went to the 'lenke' that you suggested, but I could not see how I could do any searching online. I don't know anything about Halvor or Elen other than what you have provided (from the FamilySearch site). I would like to see if there are any other children from this family, and find more information on Halvor and Elen (like birth dates and birth places, date of marriage, etc). Can you offer any guidance/suggestions for me as to how I can find out more about these people?I know for rural municipalities, there are people who will look up in the bygdebok. But for a big city like Oslo, how do I get information?Thank you for any help that you can provide...Helsing, Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Kamsvaag Berntsen

From the parish register which is not available on the net;Herman Marcus Julius was born August 19 1842, DOC Nov 13 1842 in Vor Frelsers kirke (the name of the church at that time, today Oslo Domkirke). His parents were not married, servant Ellen Pedersdatter Wang and printer Halvor Michelsen Abelsten, living ar Hammersborg, Christiania (Oslo). Witnesses were carpenter A. Knudsen with wife, servant Karen Olsdatter and shoemaker A.Berg. (Domkirken Mini 12 7/17 p.369/370 no.303)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Geir tusen takk,Thank you for your help. This may put me at the end of that branch on the family tree. Unless I can find information on Halvor and Elen's parents and their location. I have no idea where to go from here. I tried to find information on Elen at Wang (Vang?). I could find no connections in the 1865 census and the 1801 is too early. Halvor's family I have no idea where to look Oslo?, but again I have no names to look for.Just as a note: Herman later worked in the copper mine in Avaldnaes and raised a family there and that is where my bestemor was born.Again thank you so much for your kindness.Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Kamsvaag Berntsen

It's not over yet. For some reason I don't belive there's any connection between the mother's name Wang and the Vang parishes (there are several). I looked for the confirmation of Herman Marcus Julius at Vor Frelsers Church, but he was not found in those registers. Do you know when he left (and if he went together with somebody) for Avaldnaes?There is no information in what Finne-Grønn wrote that could be of any help. But hopefully either his mother or his father was born in Christiania og Aker, and hopefully they used the names Wang/Abelsted about 1810-1820 (?) as well. If so, we should find his or her birth. I'll have a look at Aker and Christiania 1810-1825 during Eastern. (I have the 1815 Christiania Census but it's impossible to trace anybody there without any address.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Geir,Thank you so much for your kindness, patience and help.Herman Marcus married Anna Kristine Paulsdatter, Skeie daughter of Paul Ivarson Førland (Skeie Avaldnes) about 1871(in Avaldnes). There first Child Berthe was born in 1872. I do not know when he left Oslo to go to Avaldnes.I have been continuing my search for Halvor Michelsen Abelsted & Elen Pedersdatter Wang in the 1865 & 1875 censuses. I couldn't find Elen in Christiania (and there are too many in other areas). But I did find a Halvor Mickelsen a skomanger in the 1865 census in Oslo. He is listed as 54 years old, unmarried, and Bøe i Telemark.I don't know i this is the right person, but it is the only one I can find in 1865 that is close.Tusen takkArne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...

GeirI have found a family in the 1865 census with the father being Peder Larss. Wang, in Nedre Stjørdalen (kommune 1714). This could possibly be the father of Elen Pedersdatter Wang. I will need help with a Bygdebok lookup.Tusen TakkArne Mikal anp4749@sympatico.ca

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 år senere...

To Geir Kamsvaag Berntsen,HilsenIt has been a long time since I wrote about this I fond both a Hermand Halvorsen ( 22 years old)and the Halvor Mickelsen (listed above) in the 1865 census in Oslo. I was wondering if there was any mention of Halvor's or Elen's parents (locations?)in the Hermann's baptism record?I have no one left in Norway on that side of my family who I can contact about this.I am hoping that you can help.Tusen takkArne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 år senere...

I have found a baptism record for a woman who may be the mother of Herman Marcus Julius Halvorsen. But the handwriting in the record is very difficult to read. Perhaps someone here could tell me what it says?Ellen Carine Pedersdatter, døpt 17 Dec 1808 Oslo Domkirke Parish Register 1807-1817 page 217Tusen takkArne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nevermind my previous question. Since I posted this, I have discovered that Elen Carine Pedersdatter is not a possibility. She married Andreas Hansen in 1835, so could not be the mother of Herman Halvorsen in 1842.Sorry for the confusion...Hilsen Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

Peder Pedersen Wang, Sadelmager-Svend og hustru Lorentze Cathrina Smith, deres hiemmedøbte Datter Ellen Carine (fød den 27de Oct) Fadd: Kiøbmand Henrich Gustav Thrane, Candidatur Theol. Peter Lorentzen, Fru Carlsen Mad(am) Tullin og Jomfru Barkelay. Af (?) Hr Prof. PihlYou are into some well-known families if this is correct.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

- too good to be true then? At least what concerns the simplicities this would have given you in mapping tha family.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Per, for searching. My great-grandfather, Herman Marcus Julius Halvorsen (døpt 13 Nov 1842 Oslo Domkirke), was the son of printer Halvor Michelsen Abelsted and servant Elen Pedersdatter Wang. They were not married. I found a baptism record for Elen Carine Pedersdatter Wang in 1808, and thought she might be Herman's mother. But later, I found that she married Andreas Hansen in 1835. It looked good for a while!HilsenArne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.