Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#14652] Anne Dahlen Paulson

Gjest Mausey Hagen
 Del

Gjest Mausey Hagen

I am looking for information on my Great Grandmother, Anne Dahlen Paulson, born 23 Nov 1871 in Bjerkostal, Trondheim, Norway; immigrated in 1886; died 1956 or 1957 in Norman County, MN. She was the daughter of Lars Tommerman Paulson and Anne Johansdatter Dahlen.Lars Paulson and Anne Johansdatter never married. Lars and his father Paul Paulson came to US in 1878. Lars married Caroline Martinson in 1885 and sent for his daughter Anne.Also, I would appreciate any information on Anne's mother, Anne Johansdater Dahlen. All I know is about her is that she died in a nursing home in Norway during WW II when the nursing home she was in was bombed.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

Mausey!I am not able to figure out what and where Bjerkostal is supposed to be. Do you have any idea? I don't!Lars Tommerman Paulsen - what you give as his middle name, is probably his occupation. Tømmermann means carpenter.Having said this - I am not able to locate any of these people in the Trondheim emigrant lists on basis of the information that you have given. For Anne I also tried to search for Anne Larsdatter.Have you tried finding Lars Paulsen and his father in the US 1880 census?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Thank you Astrid,I might have some new information about the birthplace of the Paulson family but because it is from other decendants of Anne, I am not sure how correct it is but here goes:Lars Paulson and twin brother Ole Paulson were christened 16 Oct 1842 in Sundal, More og Romsdalen, Norway.Anne Dahlen Paulson was actually born in Kristiansund not far from Sunndalen. Sunndalen is located northwest and across the mountains from Hallingdal Valley.Lars Tommerman Paulson was the son of Paul Paulson and Gjertrid or Gjertrud Olsdatter.Paul Tinderman? Paulson, born 1818 in Lesja, Gudbransdalen, Norway; immigrated in 1878;Does any of this help? Thanks.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

And this would be his father, I suppose:LenkeHis father is a carpenter, born in Lesje (Lesja) so this is probably the right man.As you can see from Nina*s link Lars P. is a farm hand at Storvik.Astrid

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

There are censuses for Sunndalen 1801, 1865, 1900, but no one for 1875 (not in the DA). No church records seem to be available on the internet.To find Sunndal (Sundal) you go to Møre og Romsdal and then S. By looking at the 1865 census I think I know the origin the mysterious name Bjerkostal. There are at least two farms named Birkestøl (Bjerkestøl) in S.You may find Paul, Lars and his daughter Anne in Emigrant lists for Kristiansund, Ålesund, Bergen, even Christiania. Maybe Trondheim should be checked once more?Have a try! I am having my very late dinner.Astrid

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

According to Familysearch (IGI) Anne was born in Sunndal:-----ANNE LARSENBirth: 23 NOV 1871Christening: 07 JAN 1872 Sunndal, More Og Romsdal, NorwayFather: LARS POULSEN,Mother: ANNE JOHANSDR-----Sunndal 1865 - There are two farms called Birkestøl. One in Hof parish and the other one in Romfo parish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Thanks you very much Astrid and Nina,All of this information has been very informative and very helpful.Thank you both so much.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

I am not sure how to access the church records. I have tried but I have been unsuccessful. Can someone please give me some instructions on where they would be located. I am learning some of the Norwegian headings of the columns for the census and emigrant lists, but otherwise I do not know much Norwegian.Thanks, Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

The English version:Choose categories on the upper dark blue line, then church registers (to the left), after that baptized, Sør-Trøndelag ('fylke')and Oppdal.Astrid

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

This was just rubbish, I suppose.Categories - church registers - baktized etc - fylke. Then you will see what is available in each fylke.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.