Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#14682] Kolben Pedersen & Brita Anfindsdatter frå Sogn og Fjordane

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am at a dead end with one branch of this family tree I am working on -- from Sogn og Fjordane. They are Kolben Pedersen and his wife, Britha Anfindsdatter.Kolben was born about 1688 (according to his burial record). I believe he was born in Balestrand (Tjugum). I found only one who was the right age in the 1701 census. He was living at Skaaseim gard, but his father was not there with him.Kolben died 06.01.1754 at Bruhjell gard, in Balestrand (Tjugum).I could not find their marriage record, but I believe he and Brita were married about 1722, since their oldest son, Peder, was born about 1723. They had two sons with this name. Peder 'the younger' was born 1730 at Bruhjell. Doesn't this mean there was probably a Peder on the mother's side of the family also?Brita died 01.08.1770 at Bruhjell. According to her burial record, she was born about 1690. I thought she might be the daughter of Anfind Hermundsen, born about 1668, died 19.08.1725 at Bruhjell. But Anfind did not marry (Torbiør Endresdatter) until 1700.The only other possible birth record I could find was a Brita Arnfinnsdatter, born 1691 in Norum sokn ('Lindenborg') -- the daughter of Arnfinn Jonsen. But I have no way to verify it.I have looked on this site, on FamilySearch, and also on the Sogn og Fjordane arkiv site. I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice…Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pål W. Martinussen

Acc. 'Bygdeboka' from Balestrand, it is not known where Kolbein Persen came from, when he moved to Bruhjell. It is belived that his wife, Brita Arnfinnsdatter, was the daughter of Arnfinn Hermundsen, b. ca. 1668, d. 1721 and m. 1700 to Torborg Bale. He was the user of Bruhjell before Kolbein Perssen. Arnfinn Hermundsen was son of Hermund Nilssen, 60 years of age in 1701.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Pål! I thought it made sense that Brita was the daughter of Arnfinn Hermundsen, but I was confused, since she was born about 10 years before he married Torborg. Maybe the year of birth in Brita's burial record is wrong. Does the Bygdeboka say when Brita was born? Or maybe she is the daughter of Arnfinn with another woman on Bruhhell?Again, thank you for looking this up for me. Maybe someone who has the Bygdeboka for Skaaseim will tell me what became of the Kolben Pederson who was living there in 1701?Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Oops, I did have another question for you. Does the Bydgeboka give the birth years for the children of Kolben and Brita? Here is what I have -- Peder (the older) ca 1723, Brita 1724, Niels ca 1728, Peder (the younger) 1730, Anfind 1732 and Ane 1734. I also do not have an accurate marriage year for them.Can you help?Thanks again...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pål W. Martinussen

Skåsheim is a neighbour farm to Bruhjell and is in the same 'Bygdebok'. Sorry, but Kolbein is not mentioned here. No birth years for his children are given in the book, but Nils was m. 1750 to Unni Larsdatter Tue. Per the younger was not married and died young. Anna m. Per Knutsen Øyri in Fresvik and Arnfinn moved to Hanevik. Per the older moved to Tue but he is not mentioned there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

Just a short comment. Patricia has found 'Colben Pedersen' at 'Skaaseim' in the 1701 census and says that 'his father was not there with him'. I agree with this statement although Kolbein in the digital version of the census is recorded as son ('s') of the farmer 'Niels Joensen'. This farmer also had two sons called 'Joen Nielsen' (4) and 'Peder Nielsen' (1). I think this means that Kolbein's father was dead in 1701, probably between 1690 and 1696, and that his mother had remarried with Nils Jonsen.This doesn't add anything new, but might be helpful for any further search for the origin of Kolbein Pedersen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks Knut, this seems like a good lead. But so far, I cannot get anywhere with it. I looked for the marriage of Niels Joensen. I found three records for Niels (no surname shown):1695 -- Niels Helland and Kari Tuftedal;1696 -- Niels Grindedal and Kari Olsdatter (no residence shown);1697 -- Niels Bale and Ingebor SandeI can't figure a way to tie any of these people to Skåsheim. I found two birth records at Skåsheim -- for Joen Nielsen in 1697 and Brita Nielsdatter in 1696, but not Peder. Neither of these records showed the name of the mother.Perhaps Pål will look for me in the Balestrand Bygdeboka, and see if it tells anymore about Niels Joensen.Thanks to you all for your assistance and suggestions.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pål W. Martinussen

Acc. the 'Bygdebok', Niels Joensen`s wife name may be Kari. Niels came to Skåsheim about 1700. He died 1712. Anbjørn Lyktvor followed him as user of the farm and m. Kari who is believed to be the widow after Niels. When Anbjørn died 1726, Niels Nielsen took over the farm. He was probably son of the other Niels on Skåsheim in 1701. Niels Nielsen got problems with the owner of the farm and then Kolbein at Bruhjell tried to help him. The author of the 'Bygdebok' suggest that Kolbein came from the neighbour parish Kvamsøy. At Kvamme in Kvamsøy there were several generations with name Per followed by Kolbein followed by Per and so on. The first Kolbein had two sons with name Per, and Per the older could be a possible father to Kolbein at Bruhjell. The book don`t give much information about him.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Again, thank you Pål, for this information.I wonder if anyone has a bygdebok for Kvamsøy, that might give me some more information about Kolben?On FamilySearch, I found a Kolbein Person Kvamme married to Gjoea Persdatter. This record shows that he was born in Oppedal and died about 1660 in Balestrand. But there is only one son listed -- Lars born about 1638. Not much help to me!I believe the Niels Joensen who married Kari came to Skåsheim from Helleland gard in Vik. I also found a marriage record for Kari Skåsheim and Asbjørn/Anbjørn in 1713.What you said about Kolbein trying to help the new user of Skåsheim farm is interesting. It certainly makes me think that Kolbein had a strong connection to this farm. If Kari was his mother, and she was still living there, that would be a good reason. But I was unable to find a burial record for her at this farm, so once again, I think I am at a dead end.But I know more now than I did before, and for that, I thank you...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pål W. Martinussen

Kvamsøy parish belonged first to the municipality of Vik, now it belongs to Balestrand. Indentical information about Kvamsøy is therefore found in books for both Vik and Balestrand.The book tells that Kolbein and Gjøa at Kvamme had the following children: Per the older, Per the younger, Ola, Lars, Johanna and Torbjørg. Per the younger had a son, Kolbein, but he took over after his father at Kvamme. But the book given no information about wife and children of Per the older.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Pål, thank you so much for all your help. It seems likely that this family is the right one. But I think I have tried all the places to look for more clues. If you have any ideas, please let me know....Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.