Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#14696] Discrepancy in etternavn in census

Gjest Marilla Schenk
 Del

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Is there any procedure to somehow flag or mark a census entry in which there is some doubt that the etternavn given is correct?The specific instance I am concerned about is the entry in the 1865 census- Oppland, Nordre Fron on 519 - Kolomoen nedre entry 3354 which says Mari ANDERSD age 48 Born S. Frons is the wife of Peder Anders and deres søn is Anders. Then in the 1875 census - Oppland, Nord-Fron, under Kollomoen bostedsnr 110, entry 5097 Mari HANSD born 1819 S Frons is the wife of Peder Anders and deres søn is Anders. The church record for Kvam Oppland shows Anders Peders born Dec 11 1859, bapt 26 Feb 1860 is the son of Peder Andersen and Mari HANSD. (See for example entry in Family Search C420081 sheet 00) Also there is a wedding entry for Peder Anders & Mari Hansd in S. Fron Oppland for Mar 22, 1858, so it appears that the 1875 census entry is correct and the 1865 census entry ought to say Hansd where it says Andersd.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

We have a policy of reproducing the records as they are, even if we know there are discrepancies. We know that there are quite a few records with wrong names, and the ages given are often inaccurate, but it would be impossible to try to make them 'correct'.So the question here is: does the returns of the 1865 census list her as Mari Andersd or not. I do not have the original here, it is in Riksarkivet, Oslo, my guess is it does!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.