Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#14782] Svedberg from America to Trondheim 1882

Gjest K Yates
 Del

Where would I find an Imigation from America to Sweden after 1903. My grandfather Olof F Svedberg Persson born July 2 1860 Froso Parish Jamtland came to America 1882 Via Trondheim then returned to Jamtland.. The only record found was death rec May 11 1929 in Harke Jamtland. Am trying to find where he was 1903 to 1919. I donot find him in America his daughter told orphanage her father & mother separated about 1903 and he returned to Sweden. Any help would be appreciated so much. K Yates

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

What I found in the Trondheim emigrant lists was this:LenkeOlaf Svedberg, day of departure 14/6 - 1905, b. 1860, not married, residence America, destination Minneapolis. Nothing is said about him being Swedish, but most Svedbergs leaving T. heim for the US seem to be Swedish.The other I found is Olof Persson Svedberg, emigrated 1903, b. 1865, residence Sweden, destination Chicago.I could not find any Hedberg leaving in 1882.Astrid Ryen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eldbjørg Lyngstad

I found Olaf P. Svedberg (born 1865) leaving Trondheim in 1910. Destination: Caribou, Maine. He was living in Jemtland (Sweden), and was a painter. (For one reason or another I was not able to make a link.)Eldbjørg Lyngstad

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I am trying to find a destination record for Arrival at Trondheim from America 1903 to 1919. For Olof F Persson Svedberg. He was b July 2 1860 Jamtland Sweden came to America with wife Marit dau Marta emigration record says Olof Peders imigrated May 24 1882 to Wisc. He was in America became a citizen here and returned to Sweden About 1903- 1912 his wife Marit stayed in America and Died leaving 8 children Orphanage records told he was in Sweden in 1912. I really appreciate all your effort. I suppose he could have come back and forth. The record for 1903 didn't tell destination. ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

There are NO records of people coming back from America. The Olaf S. who emigrated in 1905 gives his residence as America, which means that he returned after visiting his family 'back home' or whatever. By the way, he was born in 1860, but he is NOT married.(By the way, the marital stus given is not always correct)I have already mentioned the destination of the Olaf leaving in 1903 (Chicago).I have been quite particular about looking for Olaf/Olufs from Sweden emigrating in 1882. There are thre Olaf/Oluf Pedersen (no Svedberg), but the age given for those does nor fit. One of them is married to Magnhild and has a son Peder. I could give you more details if you ask for it.What emigration records are you referring to? Ellis Island? Where did the family settle? Where did they live in the US 1900 census?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest kay Yates

Thankyou so much for all the checking. This is him coming to America 1882. His fathers name was Per from Svedje I am wondering about the one for 1903 he left his wife he possibly could have said single. They did divorse. Thanks again Kay

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.