Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#14788] Ola Tjerandson or Ole T. Hagen

Gjest Mausey Hagen
 Del

Gjest Mausey Hagen

My grandfather, Ole T. Hagen, came to USA in 1903. I show him in Norway in the 1900 census with his parents, Tjerand Tjerandsen and Borghild Olsdtr. His name was Ola Tjerandsen. Ole was born 18 Oct 1880. I am not sure whether he came first to Canada or to New York.I have not been able to find him on the immigrant lists. Does anyone have any advice on how I might be able to find a record of his leaving Norway.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Ole T.Tytland arrives Ellis Island the 13th.august 1903. Line 4 Lenke . Going to his brother Johannes T. Tytland in Baxton ND. Maybe he was going to Min. Minnesota first. He was travelling together with Andreas Hauge.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Thank you Yngve and Nina,I appreciate your taking the interest. You have found everything that I was looking for. Thank you so much.Mausey Hagen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Ole went to Buxton, ND, married, had 11 children and died there in 1930.Now I am curious to know when Ole's brother Johannes came to USA. JOhannes was born in 1869.Also what does Livsstilling = Gaardbruger mean?I have an emigrants report that shows that Ole Tytland was number 63485 with remarkes DI SANDWICH, ILL 21/5 1981 AR and another Ole number 3231 with no remarks. Are they two different Ole's or did the same Ole try to emigrate 2 different times?Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Johannes Tytland, 17 years old, arriving Ellis Island with the ship Campania, march 28th 1903. Missing manifest :-( Maybe I will be able to search for it, just give me some time.He's travelling together with Thore O. Tytland 16 years old.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Nina,Do you think I have been tracking the right Ole from Stravanger?My grandfather, Ole T. Hagen, lived in Buxton, ND and died 10 Nov 1930 at the age of 50 in Buxton according to his death certificate. He died when my father was 10 years old. Also, on the US census for 1930 for Buxton it says he immigrated in 1903, so I thought we had the right Ole.Now I wonder if we have the right Ole as I know he did not die in Sandwich, ILL.His brother, Johannes, was born in 1869. He could have returned to Norway, but if he died in 1979. He would have been 110 years old.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Pretty old ...;-) Maybe these persons [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=STAV&variabel=0&postnr=40913&fulle=true&spraak=n>Lenke are relatives or the information could be wrong. Ole died at the age of 91 and John TytlandSVIK came back .....-----I searched the files for Ole T. HAgen and found one arriving Ellis Island 26th june 1907. See line 17 LenkeFinal destination Buxton North Dakota, going to his brother John T. Hagen. It seems that he's already living there.And the same Ole T. TytlandsHAGEN leaving Staavanger the 13th june 1907. Living in a place called Hjelmeland.Heading for ND.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Hi! According to the census 1910 North Dakota, TRAILL, Roll 1148 Book 2, Page 184a , Buxton twp, April 25th, 1910John Hagen, head, 42 yrs old, married for 9 yrs, born in NOrway, immigrated 1888, naturalized, could speak english, occupation stone mason, home buildingBerthe Hagen, wife, 26 yrs old, married 9 yrs, given birth to 3 children, 2 alive, born in Norway, immigrated 1900, could speak norw.Beatrise Hagen, dau. 6 yrs, b. in ND Palmer Hagen, son 4 yrs, b. in ND.looks like Oles brother to me... Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Thank you for finding this new information.In looking at the 2 emigrant reports and the 2 Ellis Island reports, it looks like Ole Hagen (Tytlandhagen) possibly made 2 trips to USA. One in 1903 and one in 1907. He may have come the first time to see his brother and then went back to Norway to say goodbye to his family as he had decided to stay in Buxton also. On the 1930 Census for Buxton, Traill County, NOrth Dakota ED 49-7 page 1B, it says he immigrated in 1903. In the 1910 census, it shows Ole as a stone mason. In the later census of 1920 ED182 page 13B and 1930 ED 49-7 page 1B he was a shoemaker. He could have gone back and then come again in 1907. I know that he was married on 9 Apr 1909, so he would have had plenty of time to make the 2nd trip.I also appreciate the information on Ole's brother John (Johannes). It looks like John had settled in the Buxton area some years before.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

I was wondering if it was possible to find some information that would confirm that Ole Hagen went back to Norway between 1903 and 1907.Are there any records that would confirm that he may have made a trip back after he had become a resident of Buxton, North Dakota?Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.