Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15126] Omdalen farm Uvdal, Buskerud

Gjest Vidar Larsen
 Del

Gjest Vidar Larsen

My ancestor Torbjørn Stensen lived on Omdalen farm in Uvdal in the mid 1600, and according to the Nore-Uvdal bygdebok, this farm lies on the north side of Uvdal river on the steep hillside south of Rånatten. It was also a possibility that it had been separated out from Råen farm i Rågrendi.Having obtained a map of Rødberg area (Topografisk Hovedkart Serie, blad 1615 I, målestokk 1:50 000 (1983)) I have been able to locate Råen, Rånatten, Rågrendi and Uvdal river, but no Omdalen farm. Has this farm disappeared under Rødbergdammen? There is a farm Ørndalen on the map in a location similar to that given above for Omdalen, a possible misprint?Mvh VidarPS I read Norwegian.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

I find Omdalen in Rollag (close to Uvdal) Lenke...but in 'Norsk stedsfortegnelse' from 1972 I find Omdalen mentioned as a farm in Nore og Uvdal, postal address: Rødberg.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks Arnstein, but Omdalen farm as found on Norgesglasset can not be the correct one. As far as I can remember Veggli is too far south in Nummedalen to be the same Omdalen mentioned in Nore and Uvdal bygdebok. It looks as if the farm has ‘disappeared’ between 1972 and 1983.Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Næss

Hei Vidar, Har du sett på Matrikkelutkast 1950 under nyttige lenker på denne siden? Der finner du Omdalen som gård nr 203 i Nore. Du finner også noen henvisninger til Omdalen i O. Rygh, norske gårdsnavn i samme lenkeoversikt. (Søk på Gårdsnavn: Omdalen uten å spesifisere noe annet i søket)Mvh Tore Næss

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Tore. Thanks for information, I had looked at matrikkelen for 1886, but not at the 1950 version and Rygh’s farm names. These however do not add anything new, but it is interesting to note that Rygh places Omdalen in Nore at Opdalselven (Uvdalselven), and that Omdalen søndre (bruk nr 2) disappeared from matrikkelen sometimes between 1886 and 1950. Similarly for bruk nr 3 Kaasen. Omdalen nordre was still there in 1950 which is probably the reason why Arnstein found in the 1972 'Norsk stedsfortegnelse'. My Omdalen is also gård nr 203 according to Bygdeboka.Could somebody with local knowledge (or a very detailed map) please help? Is the farm still there or has it disappeared? Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Halvor Aaby

Jeg har sett på lokalkartet og er temmelig sikker på at Ørndalen på kartet er det samme som Omdalen. Dette stemmer bra med at Rødberg er gardsnr. 202, Omdalen 203, Mejorden 204 og Råen 206. Sannsynligvis må Ørndalen være en trykkfeil. Jeg har iallfall ikke funnet noen gård som heter Ørndalen i Nore.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Halvor. Thanks for looking at this for me. It looks very much as if it is a misprint on the map, as Omdalen was there in 1972 (innlegg 2). I have done a nationwide search for farms beginning with Ørnd and found none in the 1801 or 1900 censuses, nor in the two matrikkelene 1886 and 1950. Thanks again. Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Britt Myran

Hei I have some informations regarding Omdalen Farm (gr.nr. 203 br.nr.1-2) in Rødberg. The farm is still there up in the hills from Rødberg. If you whish I could send you copies from the pages in 'Gards og ættesoge for Nore' where Omdalen is described. Best regards Britt Myran

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Britt. Many thanks for the information and your offer. It is nice to know that the farm is still there and not under water above Rødberg dammen. If you know the area do you know of a farm called Ørndalen? Is this a misprint on the map or is Omdalen just left out?Let me first tell you what I have got before you send anything, so that we can avoid unnecessary duplication. I have got photocopies of pages 2552 to 2555 (both inclusive) of the Nore-Uvdal bygdebok that deals with Omdalen, and my ancestor Torbjørn Stensen Videsjorden (Vidar's field?), which I thought appropriate in my case. I do not know the official title of the bygdebok, but if you have some information other than those pages mention above, I would greatly appreciate a copy. If this is the case contact me on v.f.larsen@strath.ac.uk, Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.