Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15291] Helga Mathilde Jacobsen

Gjest Ron Gulbranson
 Del

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Still searching for my Grandmother. Helga Mathilde Jacobsen. Born 1872, in Norway. Ship reg says she came to US in 1896, Destination was Omaha, NE. Register says residence was Kristiania. She had a brother, Julius F. Possible sisters, Inga, Elisabeth, and Anne. In 3 years of searching, and a 61,000 name database, I have not been able to find her. Sure could usu some help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

See 12333, she had a brother Julius born in 1868 which eliminates Helga from Kristiania.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Have you ever looked at theire nat.papers? They might tell you something new about theire past!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Hi Nina; I know about them after they immegrated. I have written to Hillsboro for information but have rec'd no response. By the way I looked back in my records and she was born in 1876. (according to her age at time of immegration). I know she had 2 brothers, but I only know 1 name, (Julius F., He has always used the initial F.) Because he lived with them and was on cencus. The 3 girls names were on bible given to her. I believe they were her sisters. I sure would like to find her...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Hi Berit! That link that you sent me is my G-mother. I know about her after she immegrated. I just can't find her family before she came here. Why do you say maybe she came from Buskerud? It could be, I don't know. I think I have searched everywhere. because she was born after 1875, and left before 1900 is, (I assume) the main reason I can't find anything. Are there any cencuses between 1875 and 1900? With a lot of help from people like you I have found so much information about my family, its hard to accept the fact that I can't find anything about her.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

1875 is not complete. Many places in the country and the whole of Buskerud are missing. And I do not belive they will come.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Hi Ron! What about her marriage-cert, or death-cert? Often gives fathers name! Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Hi Laila! Still trying to find her. I have written to Hillsboro, ND. Have not rec'd any answer. Its been more than 6 months. Should have heard something by now. Don't know where else to try.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Ron Gulbranson

hi Laila! Me again. Still searching for Helga. My sister found a picture of her, and on the bottom it says Helga, Kristiania, N. Sharpmoen. Does this mean anything to you?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

N. Sharpmoen might be Nedre Skarpmoen, and Rollag parish in Buskerud county might be the place to look further.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Sorry, N.Skarpmoen was the name of the photographer .... Narve Skarpmoen was born in Rollag 1868-----This is where and when he had his ateliers:1894 ca: Oslo; Karl d.12.gd. 61896 ca-0000: Oslo; Dronningensgd. 361894 ca-1930 ca: Oslo-----Maybe she lived close to where he worked? How old is she?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Kamsvaag Berntsen

I take it is your Julius F. Jacobsen, 25 who left Kristiania March 11 1893 for Hillsboro. Would you please confirm that.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

I still wonder about Johanna Olson who he's travelling with. He's 60 and Johanna 50. Could she be his mother?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Thanks Nina! Well you had me going there. I thought I had found her. Everything I have seen says she is from Kristiania, we have searched there for her with no luck. She must have lived close by. Johanne Olsen could not be his mother. She was born in 1835. Don't know who she is. Yes Julius did immegrate twice to US. Again, I know all about her after she came to US. Helga was born in either 1874 or 1876. Ships register says she was 20 in 1896. Cencus in Mayville ND says she was born in 1874.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Ron, you say you know all about Helga after she came to US. You dont, as long as you dont have her birth-date, you have not found her marriage cert. that would give her fathers name. Also, Julius' marriage would give it!Helgas age on the shipsmanifest (EllisIsland) give her age as 22.Lenke-----------You need to do more research in the US first, I would think.Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

laila; I have tried writing letters to ND Gen. Society, people who offer to do lookups, and other things, and have rec'd no help. Though I am still trying, I'm also checking every lead I get to try to find her. I don't know much about Julius except that he lived with my Grand parents in 1900 cencus in Mayville, ND. I still have unanswered letters pending from North Dakota. Thanks Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

I was looking at Ships list for Julius F Jacobsen and found an Inga Jacobsen on the same ship. I wonder if this could be his sister. It says she is from Sæm. Where is this? here is link. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Kamsvaag Berntsen

There is one JULIUS FREDRIK Born: Christiania Nov 4 1867, Chr: March 14 1858, Groenland Church, son of MARKUS JACOBSEN and MALENE FINGALSEN, living at Galgeberg. Witnesses: Thea Nielsen, Elen Hansen, Fredrik Christiansen and the father. Markus Jacobsen was a worker at the railroad (which could explain why the family was constantly on the move and the birth of the children hard to find).I haven't looked at each and every boy child born in Christiania about 1868, but looked through more than 80%. This is the only one I've found.There is a ANNE MALENE FINGSDATTER living in Christiania 1865, born in Kongsberg about 1836.I found Markus Jacobsen in the Address Book of Christiania in 1885 (autumn 1884), still at the railroad.This is a long-shot, but as far as I can see, the best so far.But not knowing the father's name.............

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.