Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15295] Birth Records, Innbjoa 1914, Arne Mikal Mikkelsen (Sr.)

Gjest Arne Mikal Mikkelsen
 Del

Hei Alle,All records that I have state that my father Arne Mikal Mikkelsen was born in Norway on February 19, 1914. I believe that he was born on the family farm in Innbjoa, but I don't know for certain. His parents were Peder Johannes Mikkelsen(Indbjoe) and Jenna Marie Juliussdatter (Kallevig). He immigrated to the United States in 1915 and returned to the family farm in Innbjoa around 1924. He lived on the Innbjoa farm from 1924 until 1931 when he returned permanently to the United States.I would appreciate any help that you may provide regarding the location of his birth.Tusen takkArne Mikal Mikkelsen (Jr)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Jenny and her son Arne Mikkelson arrives Ellis Island the 27th. august 1915. Port of departure Bergen. Jenny had been there once before - in 1910.See manifest line 29 and 30 Lenke They were going to Peder Mickelsen c/o Juliuson in Broklyn NY.I believe they lived in Haugesund back home.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Interesting, another manifest from the same day which also mentions his father John. Line 3, 4 and 5 LenkeAs you can see your father was born in Haugesund. Maybe someone has the birth records.They left Norway the 15th august 1915.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne D. Tveit

The book that covers Bjoa tells that the father Peder Johannes Mikkelsen was borne 1883. His first wife was Jenny Juliusdatter Kallevik. They had 3 children. The second wife was Loise Kallevik. They were sisters. Peder had 3 children: Arne Mikal b. 1914, Evelyn b. 1916 and Jenny Kristine b. 1919. He was engineer i Brooklyn and came back to Innbjoa in 1924. Then he took over the farm from his mother. His wife stayed in Innbjoa when Peder Johannes went back to Brooklyn. After a short time he died in an explosion. His parents was Mikkel Pedersen Innbjoa (1857-1920) and Anna Johannesdatter from Hetland (1854-1925). From this book I can reed that his forefather came to Innbjoa in 1744. Arne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nina and ArneTakk for your information.I knew most of the information that you supplied. Jenna Juliussen (Kallevik), died 1918 in Brooklyn N.Y in the big FLU epidemic. Peder Mikkelsen married her sister Louise around 1919 in NY. Peder's father died in 1924 and Peder inherited the farm. Louise and the children returned to Norway to the farm. Peder stayed in New York to earn money and died in a shipping accident in New York Harbor in 1928. ( I have seen the 1900 census for Peder Mikkelsen's family on the farm). The family came to Innbjoa around 1774 from Tveit, Kvam, Hordaland, Norway.Nina,the John Michesen on the shipping manifest is not a relative, Jenna & my father came over together (just 2 people). However the manifest notes that my father was born in Haugesund and that is what I did not know. My father died in Staten Island, New York on March 8, 1950 from a lung disease he picked up while in the US Navy during WW II.Is there a way to find his birth records in Haugesund, February 19, 1914? It looks as though it say 1915 on the Manifest but all my family records say 1914.Thank you so much.Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

It looks like 1915, but then he was nat. the 18th.feb. same year which would have been the day before his birth :-(

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tusen Takk NinaI guess I wasn't quite awake when I wrote that.I have a big gap in family history, Jenna & her family were in the country in the 1900 census. I am sure that some of the family moved to Haugesund, when? Why? I have no family connections on that side to talk with as to why my father was born in Haugesund & not Innbjoa. I believe that my grandfather & Grandmother intended to stay in Norway but by chance both died in the USA. My father was the only one of the three children born in Norway. My dad's two sisters were born in Brooklyn N.Y, after they moved to Innbjoa in 1924, one stayed in Norway one came back to the USA. Both are now deceased.Thank you again.Arne mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jenna's sister was born Anna Louise (Juliusdatter) Kallevig -- 1882 in Avaldnes. Jenna Marie was born 15 Sep 1890, also in Avaldnes.Helsing, Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

NinaThe Kallevig family is at Lillisund Farm in Skaare(1153) in the 1900 census. You can view it at the address below. That is most of the family excluding the father who died in 1898.LenkeTakkArne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.