Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15506] Birth Records Records Haugesund

Gjest Arne Mikal Mikkelsen
 Del

Hei AlleMy father Arne Mikal Mikkelsen was born in Haugesund on February 19, 1914. I am looking for information as to where his mother & father lived at that time. His parents (Peder Johannes Mikkelsen (Indbjoe) & Janna Marie Juliussdatter (Kallevig) emigrated to the United States in 1909. I believe they stayed in the U.S. both died there (1928 & 1918). They had two daughters in America, Evelyn 1916 and Jenny 1918. All the children returned to Norway in the 1920's. Evelyn remained in Norway and died in 1995. Jenny came back to the U.S. in the 1930's and died in 1992.Any information I could find out as to why the family was in Haugesund would be very much appreciated.TakkArne Mikal Mikkelsen (Jr.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Øverlie

I assume your g-father Peder Mikkelsen is the following person in the 1900 censusLenkeHe was a seaman at that time and his parents lived at the Indbjoe farm in Fjelberg, Hordaland.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for replying Vidar,Yes that is my grandfather & his family. I know where both my grandfather's and grandmother's families were in the 1900 census. What I am really looking for is information about my father's birth. I have a gap in the family history for the period 1909 to 1915. I don't know why or when my grandmother returned to Norway after emigrating to the U.S. in 1909. I know that she and my father became citizens of the US in 1915. That the family remained in the United states after my father & grandmother went back to the U.S. in 1915.Again thank you for your reply.Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Liv Fiveland

Hi!. I found Janna Marie, born 1889 in the bygdebooks for Tysvær, volum3, page 120 under the farm Kallevik,: Janna Maries parents: Herman Markus Julius Halvorsen , born 1842 in Christiania and he died 1899. Mother: Anna Kristine Paulsdatter born 1845. They was married 1871 and Anna Kristine Paulsdatter parent is: Paul Ivarsen, Førland ( Tysvær) and Ragnhild Torbjørnsdatter, Skeie. Janna Maria had 8 siblings. Anna Kristine lived as a widdow on Litlasund, Skåre ( Haugesund). The family lived about 2 years on Kallevik, then the family moved to Visnes ( Karmøy parish) where Herman Markus Julius worked. Mvh Liv Fiveland

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Liv Fiveland

Hi! I did found the family under Litlasund, Skåre in the bygdebooks for Skåre, volum 2, page 966: Herman Markus Julius Halvorsen, born around 1842. His father is Halvor Mikkelsen Abelsted, Christiania ( Oslo). The family moved from Visnes, Karmøy parish to Haugesund in 1898. In 1900 Anna Kristine lives her as a widdow. Mvh Liv Fiveland

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Liv,Thank you so much. Is Litlasund, Skåre now part of Haugesund? Was it in 1914? My bestemor maybe was visiting with her family when my father was born. Thank you again.Takk Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Liv Fiveland

Hi! Litlasund in Skåre is a part of Haugesund, but I do not know when it became a part of Haugesund. Mvh Liv

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Liv Fiveland

Hi again! I found Anna Kristine Juliusdatter Kallevig , as she died 28.02.1923 and was buried 06.03.1923 on Vår Frelsers Gravlund in Haugesund.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Geir Eide

When Arne Mikal was christened in -Vår Frelsers kirke- in Haugesund 9.th April 1914, his father`s occupation is sailor/seaman. The family`s adress is Rossebø in Haugesund.Geir Eide

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Liv & GeirTusen takk for all your help. I am going to have to call relatives in Norway and see if they have any answers to the period 1909-1915.Liv:You mentioned Herman Mercus Julius Halvorsen (he worked in the copper mines), did he die in Haugesund? Is there any mention of where he is buried? Geir: Is Rossebø a street or section of Haugesund? Again thank you both so very much. Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

EveryoneThank you for your help, maybe next year I will be able to travel to Norway and visit all of these places. Not just names on a mao.Tusen takkArne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Eide

No, there was no street adress. Rossebø was actually a part of Skåre municipality at that time (rural areas). As Otto Jørgensen mention, Skåre municipality became a part of Haugesund in 1958. However Skaare local parrish became a part of Haugesund parrish in 1879.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.