Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15563] Which Bygdebok from Sogn Og Fjordane has farms from former Vevring parish?

Gjest Susannah Zemke
 Del

Gjest Susannah Zemke

I am trying to find the correct Bygdebok for the following farms - Nesskog, Rørvika, Flokeneset - they were once part of Vevring parish, Sogn Og Fjordane, but are now part of Askvoll kommune. But the Askvoll bygdebok does not include these farms. I have also checked Naustdal and Flora bygdebok but they are not there. Does anyone know if they appear in another bygdebok (maybe FØRDE?) Thank you for any help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Karen Waage

Hello Susannah!Askvoll bygdebok is actually containing four separate books: Part 1: A description of the churches, chapels and priests. Part 2A and part 2B - 'Folket' (the people - rural chronicles). The last book: 'Folket' part 3, is the rural chronicle from the Førdefjord area. Maybe this is the 'bygdebok' you are seeking? The book is published in 1987, and the author is Svein Åge Knudsen. Unfortunately, I don`t have the book here now (I only have part 2A), but I have once read part 3, and I think (maybe, but I`m not sure) that Vevring Parish is included here. Maybe someone can do the look-up for you? Good luck!Med vennlig hilsen Karen Waage

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

Karen is right, the farms Nesskog, Rørvik and Flokenes are included in Askvoll Bygdebok Folket III. I own that book and of course I can do some look-ups for you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susannah Zemke

Thanks to you both for your responses. You are correct - I did not know there was also a Band 3 for Askvoll. I am happy to know where to find these farms now.Barbara, thanks for your offer to lookup these farms in your bygdebok. These are two of the families that I am looking for & if you can give me any information, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.1) NESSKOG Syrach Simonsen Nesskog Birth: 1723 Death: 1804 Sogn Og Fjordane, Norway his wife was Mari Andersdtr (supposedly Gjøringebøen? - is there a Gjøringebøen farm in Askvoll - I checked the Gjøringebøen farm in Naustdal, but I cannot find her family there). Their children were Ingeborg Dortea Syrachsdtr Anne SyrachsdtrDoes the bydgebok have any information on Syrach's parents/ancestry? I am at brick wall with both him and his wife Mari.2) FLOKENESAndreas Pettersen Brøssel Flokenes Birth: 1725 in Brøssel? Sogn og Fjordane, Norway Death: 3 Mar 1799 in Flokenes, Førde, Sogn og Fjordane, Norway Father: Petter Anderssen Brøssel Wife: Gjertrud Eriksdtr KvameMarriage: 11 OCT 1761 in Førde, Sogn og Fjordane, Norway Children: Martha Kristine Andreasdtr Brøssel Ole Andreassen Ales Andreasdtr Flokenes Pernille Andreasdatter BrøsselDoes the Bydgebok have the same children? From different family branches, both of his daughters, Martha & Ales, are my direct ancestors.His father is supposedly Petter Anderssen Brøssel Birth: 1673 in Norway Death: 11 Oct 1744 in Bryssel, Naustdal, Sogn og Fjordane, NorwayI have looked at the old church records on microfilm, and there is a farm listed for Peter Andreassen - Brøssel or Bryssel - and I cannot figure out what that farm would be today in current spelling/form. Does it list any farm name for him that is close to this name? Does it have additional information about this family?Thank you, thank you, for your help!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

Here are all the informations one can find in Askvoll bygdebok III about the persons you referred to:1.) NESSKOG nr.31: Leiglending og innerst SYRACH SIMONSON NESSKOG og Mari Andersdtr., vied før 1766; Han døyr i 1804, 71 år gammal. Ho er 56 år i 1801 (no farm name is mentioned for Mari, maybe because the author had the same doubt as you?)Syrach og Mari's children:a.) Anne, f.1766, d.1853, gift 1794 med Nesskog nr.34 Rognald Berentson Nesskog fra Leknes (52a, søn av gardbrukar Bernt Olson Leknes og Pernille Olsdtr. Leknesb.) Ingeborg Dortea, f.1770, d.1862, gift 1791 med gardbrukar Simen Johannesson Rørvik (40d) Simen døyr i 1803, 51 år gammal, Ingeborg giftar seg att med Mons Gunnarson Rørvik (55).I suppose you know Anne's og Ingeborg's children? Unfortunately the bygdebok doesn't give any information about the parents of Syrach and Mari.2.) FLOKENESNr. 27 Andreas Petterson Brøssel Flokenes, f.1725, d.1799, gift 1. gang før 1748 med Kirsti Olsdtr. Ålen indre (39b), gift 2. gang 1761 med Gjertrud Eriksdtr. Kvammen (Ho døyr i 1820, 90 år gammal)barn fra to ekteskaper:a. Mari, f.1748, d. etter 1799 gift før 1777 til Kvammen (42)b.) Pernille Katrine, f.1749, d.1749c.) Nille, f.1750d.) Pernille f.1752, d. etter 1799, gift 1794 til Bergene.) Jan Peter, f.1753, d.1834, gift før 1786 til Vågane (48)f.) Absalon, f.1757g.) Ole, f.1758, d.1779h.) Katarina, f.1759, d. etter 1799i.) Erik, f.1762, d.1774j.) Hans, f.1764k.) Martha Kristine, f.1765, d.1810, gift 1783 til Flokenes (30), gift 1802 til Flokenes (32)l.) Alette, f. ?, d. etter 1821, gift til Vevringm.) Mari, f.1774?, d.1824, bustag FlokenesAnders Pettersens foreldre var Petter Andersson Brøssel Flokenes og Åshild Katarine Hansdtr. 'Han døyr i 1744, 71 år gammal. Ho giftar seg att med Erik Pederson Stavanger. Ho døyr i 1775, 77 år gammal.' Anders og Åshild giftet seg før 1721, deres fødested er dessverre ikke oppgitt.deres barn:a.) Anders, f.1721, d. etter 1777, gift før 1777 til Flokenes (28)b.) ANDREAS s.o.c.) Hans, f.1726, d. etter 1752d.) Jan, f.1728, d.1752e.) Johan, f. 1729f.) Anne Dortea, f.1734, d. etter 1765, gift 1765 til Stavanger (da er det vel snakk om garden Stavang i Flora kommune ?)That 'Brøssel' is a bit mysterious indeed. I didn't find a farm by a similar name either (I checked the bygdebok and the censuses 1666, 1701 and 1801). Maybe someone can help you if you start a new debate with Brøssel / Bryssel in the title.Yours sincerely Barbara Lose

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

About Brøssel / Bryssel:In O. Rygh's Norske Gaardnavne I couldn't find any farm with a name like that. But Familysearch shows, that Broessel is a family-name in central Europe. One can find some Broessels in Germany from the 16th and 17th century on. Quite a few emigrated to the USA. One of them might as well have moved to Norway.The name Bryssel appears in København/Denmark: Three persons are mentioned in 1729, 1732 and 1757. A Jan Peder Andreas Bryssel married 1786 in Finnas, Hordaland, Norway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susannah Zemke

Thanks for all the information. I see in your data 'Simen Johannesson Rørvik (40d)' - is the Rørvik farm also covered? I have the following information for Simen's family - does it match your bygdebok? Thanks again for your help. 1. Johannes Simonsen2 Rørvik (Simon1) was born 1711 in Sogn Og Fjordane, Norway, and died May 31, 1803 in Rørvik, Førde, Sogn Og Fjordane. He married Guri Carstensdtr Rørvik July 5, 1744 in Førde, daughter of Carsten Nilssen Rørvik. She was born 1718 and died in 1786. Children of Johannes Rørvik and Guri Rørvik are: i. Simon Johannesen Rørvik, born March 11, 1751/52 in Rørvik, ; died January 30, 1803 in Rørvik, ii. Lisbeth Johannesd. Rørvik, born March 8, 1762 in Rørvik, iii. Nils Johannesen Rørvik, born August 31, 1755 in Rørvika, iv. Trine Johnnesd. Rørvik.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Jarl Runde

Brøssel - Bryssel is a family-name. Descendants still living in the area: Førde, Naustdal, Askvoll.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

Hei, Susannah,Your informations about Johannes Simonson Rørvik and Guri Karstensdtr. are correct. Their children are:a.) Katrine, f.1746, d.1746b.) Katrine, f. 1746?, d. etter 1803, gift 1787 til Helle/Naustdalc.) Karsten, f.1750, d.1794, gift ? bustad Rørvikd.) Simen, f.1752, d.1803, gift 1791, Rørvik 51e.) Nils, f.1755, d. etter 1803, gift 1797 til Helle/Naustdalf.) Trine, f.1759, d. etter 1818, gift 1788, Rørvik 49g.) Lisbet, f.1762, d. etter 1803, gift 1798 til Helle/Naustdal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 måneder senere...
Gjest Toril Osther

Hi Susannah, About Brøssel/Bryssel I have some information about e.) Jan Peter, f.1753, d.1834, gift før 1786 til Vågane. He married Aseline Olsdtr from Erland in 1796 in Finnås Hordaland. They lived on the farm Vågane/Vågenes in Kinn, Sogn og fjordane. Their children were: 1. Christine, born ca 1787 2. Andreas, born ca 1789 3. Marie Magdalene, born 1792 4. Anna, born ca 1795 5. Martha Sophie, born 1798 6. Ole, born 1800 (my husbands ancestor) 7. Rasmus, born 1803 8. Rasmus, born 1805 9. Marta Chirstina, born 1811 Jan Peter died 1834, Aseline in 1839

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susannah Zemke

Hi Toril, Thank you for your information. I still have not figured out the origins of Petter Andersson Brøssel Flokenes (b. abt 1673), but I thought he may be the Peder Andersson age 28 listed at the Reiakvam/Requam farm in Naustdal in the 1701 census (with father Anders Endresson?). Thanks again, Susannah

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.