Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15597] Indviken bygdebok lookup

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I have reached a dead end on this family I am researching. I was hoping that maybe someone with a bygdebok for Indviken could help me out… They are:-- Jørgen Olsen, born about 1729-- Berthe Pedersdatter born about 1725At the time of their marriage, 27 May 1753 in Indviken, Jørgen resided at Sunde (no parish is shown), and Berthe resided at Lyslo, Indviken. Jørgen and Berthe lived at Lyslo after their marriage, had seven children that I know of (Peder, Kari, Synneve, Anna, Berthe, Helge, Olina, and Ingebor), and they both died there.Because the church records (online) for Indviken only go back to 1750, I cannot trace Jørgen or Bertha's families any further back in time.Any assistance would be greatly appreciated…Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R Sæther

This is what the Bygdebok says:Son-in-law, Jørgen Olsson Mindresunde, d.75 y.o. 1805, got the farm in 1756. He was richer than most people at that time (among other things mentioned a silver cup with initials JOS - BPD 1753). Married Brite Pedersdtr Lyslo, d.48 y.o. 1773, and after that married widow Ingeborg Absalonsdtr Fjellkårstad (nee Svarstad), d. 88 y.o. 1808.So then, Brite was born at the Lyslo farm, and this is said about her father:Peder Olsson, d. 72 y.o. 1772, wife might be Eli Markusdtr, d.75 y.o. 1762.And about Peder's father: Ola Pederson, born about 1677, running the farm in 1701.And about Ola's father: Peder Markusson, b. ab.1645, died before 1706, married 1. Eli Olsdtr, and 2. Anne Torbjørnsdtr, d.about 1706. Had these sons in 1701: Ola 23, Markus 18, Torbjørn 13, Helge 7. In 1711 Helge lived in Bergen.About Peder's father: Markus Olson, b.about 1594, running the farm 1627. Name of wife Kari, and a daughter Bergitte living in 1646.Then to Mindresunde, Olden subparish: There are two farms, and men named Ola at both of them. If Jørgen was born about 1730, there is no suitable Ola at any of the farms! So maybe Jørgen was just a servant at Mindresunde, or maybe he was a step-son of one of the farmers? I'm afraid you will have to stumble across him somewhere to find him.Unfortunately it is not only the online records that stop at 1750 - the books before that were lost in a fire.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Aase!About Jørgen -- tell me if I am wrong in my logic -- if he was wealthier than the average person, isn't it unlikely he was a servant at Mindresunde? Also, if the initials on the silver cup are JOS -- could that stand for Jørgen Olssen Sunde? I ask, because in the 1701 Census for Sunde, there are two Olle's -- Olle Olsen (26 y.o) and Olle Erichsen (24 y.o.). They would have been in their 50's when Jørgen was born around 1730. Also, in the burial records for Sunde (Olden subparish), there is an Ole Olsen, who died in 1761 at the age of 57.What do you think??Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R Sæther

Maybe the author of the bygdebok has made a mistake? If Jørgen is written Sunde by the marriage, I do not know where the author has got the Mindresunde name from.If he really came from Sunde (also called Meersunde) maybe this could be his father? Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello again, AaseI didn't mean to say that the author of the bygdebok was wrong. I was just trying to look at things logically. Maybe he used Mindresunde when it was really Meersunde? Is that possible?If Meersunde and Sunde are the same farm, then I wonder if this Probate record you found corresponds to burial record I found (Burials in Innvik 1750-1815) -- Ole Olsen, died 21.11.1761 at Sunde (Olden)?Is the Sunde (or Meersunde) gard in the Indviken bygdebok? If so, is there any mention of Jørgen?Again, Aase, thank you for all your help!Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R Sæther

No Jørgen at Sunde (Meersunde), but this bygdebok seldom has info about other children than the one who took over the farm. You might put a message at the other forum, asking for the info from Ole Olsens probate record - it should list his children!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks again, AaseI will wait to see what comes of my other post.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R Sæther

Just a little note to these farm names: Mindre- and Meer- Sunde mean The Smaller and The Bigger Sunde farm (two Sunde farms located in the same parish). I have seen that Jacob Aaland, who wrote the bygdebok back in the 1920-30's, often used abbrevations while writing, I guess to save both time, ink and muscles, and also I have seen that he sometimes must obviously have forgotten what the abbrevation was meant to be. So maybe he here wrote just M.Sunde (Meersunde), and later thought it should be Mindresunde?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Aase,Yes, that explanation makes sense. Thank you for clarifying that. As you may have seen, that Ole Olsen at Mersund was not the right one to be the father of Jørgen. I guess this one will remain a mystery!Thank you again for all your help...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R Sæther

In fact, Jørgen could be a younger brother of this 'wrong' Ole Olsen. But I think that will be impossible to find out! There is no other Ole at (meer)Sunde.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.