Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15675] Gildestad/Gildesdal gard

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Can someone help me find Gildesdal (gnr 36) in the 1701 Census -- in Indviken (Olden local parish). I have looked in Rygh database for older forms of the name (like Gielestadflott, Giellestad, Gillesdahl, etc.). In 1701, I can find only 'Gillisdal' in Davig (gnr 34), which is not the same farm, as far as I can tell.I would appreciate any assistance...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you BeritI can find the farm in 1664, but this is too old to help. I am looking for Erich ?, father of Marta Erichsdatter, possibly born at Gildesdal about 1729. I thought I might find him in 1701. But I don't even know for sure that she was born there. Marta married Jacob Larsen about 1748, and they had five children at this farm between 1749-1765. Since they were married before 1750, I cannot find a marriage record to see what farm Marta and Jacob came from.Thank you again for your help.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kvien

At Gildestad we have Jacob Larson Frøyset d. 87 years old 1789 married to Marte Rasmusdtr. Gildestad d. 69 y.o. 1798, at #36 Gildestad, farm no. 1.Martes' parents were Rasmus Monson Gildestad b. abt. 1663, and Synneve Gunnarsdtr,, d. 1737.I hope this will solve your mystery.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kvien

I forgot to mention that Jacob and Marte had a son Erich dead 96 y.o. 1747, married to Synneve Garbrandsdtr. Frøyset, dead 76 y.o. 1833.Another son Rasmus, died 40 years old 1772. Not married.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tor, thank you very much for your response! Most of what you wrote matches the information I got from probate and church records, except for these things:I did not know that Jacob Larsen came from Frøyset -- so this may help me to track down his ancestors. A great clue!Regarding his wife, according to Indviken church records, the woman who died at Gildestad in 1798 (age 69) was named Marte Erichsdatter.When Jacob Larsen's estate was divided up in May 1788 (Probate Records for Norfjord, Gildstad gard, page 387, protocol 18b), he was married to Marte Eriksdatter. Their children were Erich (who died in 1847 at Gildestad), Anne and Jacob. Also listed among Jacob's heirs were Ahlet (who had died, but left two daughters), Karie and Synneve. These were the children of Jacob and his first wife, whose name was not mentioned.So, here is my question. The probate record for Jacob Larsen indicated that he was married twice. Is it possible that Marte Rasmusdatter was Jacob Larsen's first wife?Regarding Rasmus Jacobsen, since he died prior to the division of his father's estate, and since he was not married, I assume this is why he was not mentioned in the probate record.Let me know what you think…Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kvien

I see there is a mismatch between the Bygebok and the Curch Records. Lars may of course have been married twice. Marte Erichsdtr. may come from Indre Skarsten as the book claims that they owned some land there, but no clear evidences. I'm sorry there are no Church Records available earlier than 1750. You will find some marriages in the Church Record between Skarsten and Gildestad. I believe I saw Alet married to Ytre Skarsten.As to Jacob Larson Frøyset: His father seems to be Lars Nilson Ulvedal d. 87 y.o. 1756. He came to Frøyset by marrying a widow, Kari.Neither do I find Gildestad in the 1701 Census. There should be a non published Census about 1745. Maybe someone at Digitalarkivet would be kind enough to check it out for you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you again, Tor!At Frøsetter in 1701, I see Lars Nilsen, 32 years old, with a stepson Lars Garbrandsen. Since Kari was a widow, Lars Garbrandsen must be the son of her first husband. The birth year for Lars Nilsen matches the information you gave, so I think this is Jacob Larsen's father. This is something I did not have before, and it is a big help!I will see what I can find at Indre Skarsten...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kvien

Lars Nilson Ulvedal, married at Frøyset to the widow Kari Arnedtr., is my 5th Great Grandfather, so I may be of some help if you contact me at:mailto:tkvien@online.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.