Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15682] vaabner

Gjest thelma knight
 Del

Gjest thelma knight

could anyone tell me the meaning of vabner,that has an ae. i have looked in the dictionaries and can not find the word thank you

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Could you provide us with the full sentence...? 'Vaebner' is a danish word, so maybe you should try a danish board. Nowadays, I've seen it used as a boy scout or something, but I'm not sure of the meaning in earlier years. It's some kind of profession I guess, maybe in the army...? :-)Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Else B. Rustad

According to my dictionary, the norwegian word 'væpner' (to-day spelled with p, not b)means 'esquire'. Else B.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Are S. Gustavsen

Hello!Perhaps Ms. Knight would be able to fill us in on the background for this question? For example: Which person in Norway had this title and what year is he mentioned?Best regards, Are

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Løberg

Dear Mrs. Knight,The meaning of the word is so close to your own surname as you possibly can expect anything to be in Norwegian genealogy.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest thelma knight

thank you for all the replies. the name was erdride eirikson bjolstad and the years 1410 to 1456 and listed as his occupation thanks for your help

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.