Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15865] Sofia Olsdotter, born Førde, S&F approx. 1809

Gjest Dale Tuvey
 Del

Gjest Dale Tuvey

I am seeking information about Sofia Olsdotter. She was married to Nils Martin Sørensson, born 5/18/1806 in Naustdal. According to the Naustdal bygdebok Sofia was born 'kr.' (I assume that means about) 1809 in Førde. I have not been able to find a record of her birth in the Digitalarkiv, the SFF arkiv, or on Family Search. She may be there, but I can't find her. Also, I can not find any record of Sofia and Nils' wedding or Nils' death. I found a record of Sofia's death 3/28/1873 at Reiakvam farm in Naustdal, which is where Nils and his ancestors were from.Any additional information about Sofia (or Nils) would be appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

Thank you, Mariann. Yes, this second one is the right Sofia. What I need to find is her birth information, particularly who her parents are so that I might be able to trace her history back from there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

It would`nt, but what I tried to show, is that the second girls of these two,(Nils and Sofia) is called Helle Sofia.....Like the mother Helle, in the birth record.Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

Thank you for the help, Mariann. I think you are right that this is the correct Sofia. I am still a little concerned that none of the later references to her have the name Pernille attached to her. Also, I have not seen any later reference to the correct Sofia being from Fitje or Fikkie farm. (Fikke is the name in the digitalarkive and Fitje is the name in the SFFarkiv. I assume they are the same.) But, all in all, I do think this is the right one.Sorry for the delay in answering you. I have been out of town for a few days. Thanks again for your help

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hello Dale, I am sorry but it was not the right one...I found after searching that this Sofia married another man at the same time one of the children of Nils and Sofia was born(1838)They got six children between 1834-1846, and they got one another after that too, because from the census 1865 you can see a girl called Nele,(15-16 years old) who was Sofia`s girl.Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gisle Hersvik

I have also tried to find out who is the correct Sofie/Sofia, but ended up with the same conclusion w.r.t. the alternative from Fitje. Since I have already written down what I have found I will give my reply to your topic no. 15865. All info taken from the SFF-archive.Nils’ birth is found here:Namn År Foreldre Gard/bustadNils Martines Sørens. 1806 Søren Nilss., Mari Ananiasd. ReiakvamHis parents’ marriage:Gift Brudgom Frå Fødd Brur Frå Fødd1805 Søren Nilss. Reiakvam 999 Trine Maria Ananiasd. Øgaard 999I understand that you already know this family.Two good alternatives for Sofia:Namn År Foreldre Gard/bustadSofia Massi Olsd. 1807 Ole Matiass., Marta Gjertd. JonstadSofia Pernille Olsd. 1811 Ole Simons., Helle Pederd. FitjeTheir children:Namn År Foreldre Gard/bustadSara Maria Nilsd. 1834 Nils Sørens., Sofia Olsd. ReiakvamJohan Fredrik Nilss. 1836 Nils Sørens., Sofia Olsd. ReiakvamHelle Sofia Nilsd. 1838 Nils Sørens., Sofia Olsd. ReiakvamSøren Kristian Nilss. 1840 Nils Sørens., Sofia Olsd. ReiakvamMartinus Andreas Nilss. 1843 Nils Sørens., Sofie Olsd. ReiakvamOle Henrik Nilss. 1846 Nils Sørens., Sofie Olsd. ReiakvamI can not find any marriage between Nils and Sofia in the SFF-archive, but this one:Gift Brudgom Frå Fødd Brur Frå Fødd1838 Andreas Antons. Veien 1816 Sofia Olsd. Fitje 1812Married in 1838, at the time Nils and Sofie also is married, which means that Sofia from Fitje could be excluded. This couple has the following children registered in the SFF-archive:Namn År Foreldre Gard/bustadBeate Inger Andreasd. 1839 Andreas Antons., Sofia Olsd. HoveOle Bertel Andreass. 1842 Andreas Antons., Sofia Olsd. VeienMarta Engele Andreasd. 1844 Andreas Antons., Sofie Olsd. HoveAnton Ole Andreass. 1847 Andreas Antons., Sofie Olsd. VeienHele Sofie Andreasd. 1850 Andreas Antons., Sofie Olsd. VeienLene Oliane Andreasd. 1853 Andreas Antons., Sofie Olsd. VeienI have assumed all of these belong to “our” Andreas and Sofie. At least there is only one registered marriage between an Andreas Antons. and Sofie Olsd.As you have already found, Sofie’s death record:Namn Bustad DødSofie Olsd. Reiakvam 1873Here it is said that she is born in 1808, which should make Sofia from Jonstad the best fit.In 1865 she is said born 1810: Lenke.Here there is also a mentioning of a daughter, i.e. Nele Nielsdatter (hendes Datter, ug, f. 1849, Førde Prgj.), which is not listed above.Going back to the SFF-archive we find:Namn År Foreldre Gard/bustadNele Martine Nilsd. 1849 Nils Olss., Sofie Olsd. ReiakvamThe father is given the Olss., probably instead of Sørens (it is also possible that this is a new man, but not likely).Further, Sofie from Jonstad’s parents:Gift Brudgom Frå Fødd Brur Frå Fødd1805 Ole Matiass. Jonstad 999 Marta Gjertd. Løtuft 999Hope this was a little help!Kind Regards, Gisle Hersvik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

Thank you, Gisle for the extensive searching you have done on my behalf. This Sophie from Jonstad now seems to be the best fit, I agree. It is frustrating that Sophie is so elusive. I will check to see if I can find anything additional in the Førde kyrkebok which I have on loan from the Mormon church records. If anyone has a Førde bygdebok and can find Sofia in the Jonstad farm records perhaps it will show that she married Nils Sørenson or moved to Reiakvam farm or there would be other information that might link her to Nils.Thanks again for your good work!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hello Dale, I have order Førde bygdebok,(before you asked), because this 'problem' makes me frustrated!!And if nobody answere before, I hope I`ll find it!Mariann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tom Erik Ellingsen

I have bygdebøkene from Førde (I and II), but I have not been able to find anything about Jonstad. Just a lot of people that are married to someone from Jonstad. I have looked in 'Norske Gaardnavne' http://www.dokpro.uio.no/rygh_ng/rygh_felt.html and it says that Jonstad is a farm in Naustdal.But Naustdal is a part of Førde 'Church district',so maybe that's why Førde is written as birth place?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

More thanks for your ongoing efforts Mariann!. Tom Erik, I read parts of the Førde bygdebok when I was at the Library of Congress In Washington D.C. in March of this year. As I remember it had three or four volumes. I do remember seeing Jonstad as another of my relatives (actually the wife of Nils and Sofia's son, Søren) had relatives (her paternal grandmother) that came from Jonstad. It's probably in one of the volumes you do not have. I appreciate your interest and help.I hope if Mariann gets the Førde bygdebok she will be able to find Jonstad and see if she can find Sofia there. Washington D.C. is a long way from Langley, Washington and I probably won't get there until next February or March to get another look at the Førde bygdebok they have there. I hope Mariann is successful before then. My regards to both of you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hello Dale, I`m sure that if it was possible to find her in Førde bygdebok, Tom Erik would have found her!!But I have order both of them -Naustdal and Førde-and it`s no problem for me to have a lookup.Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marita Brandsøy Lystad

Hi!Jonstad is a farm in Naustdal, and is to be found in Naustdal Bygdebok part II. I have a great- grandfather from Jonstad, and I have this bygdebok at home. I could check this Sofia for you, but I am going on holiday now, and I will not have internet access the coming week. Maybe someone else can give you a quicker answer?Marita

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

I checked my records last night and found that Jonstad was indeed in the Naustdal bygdebok not in the Førde book as I had thought when I was writing yesterday. I was going to post a note to that effect this morning when I saw Marita's post. If Mariann gets access to the Naustdal bygdebok before Marita returns that will be great. If not, I hope Marita will look for Sofia and let us know what she finds. I hope this mystery will be solved! Thanks again to all for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hello Dale, I ordered the bygdebooks at Thursday,(the library do it at Friday) I have not heard from the library yet.If I not receive message from them before Friday(the library is closed Saturdays now in the summertime), Marita will come with the answere, because I am going for a three weeks vacation :-))Greetings Mariann!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

Hi Mariann-We will just have to hope that the bygdebok comes in before you leave on your vacation. If not, we'll rely on Marita. I wish I was leaving for three weeks and going someplace exotic!!! I hope you have a great time. Thanks again for your interest and help. Dale

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

I received the bygdeboeker(books) today, but are not to much satisfied...I have found the farm Jonstad and Sofia Massi b.1907, but nothing more written about husband or where she lived or died........I think that the best would have been to have a lookup in the church rec, I could have ordered them too, to the library here, but I am not able to read the books from the early 1800`.Maybe you can made a new question, and ask if someone have the ch.rec. on microfilm, or can go to the library in Naustdal/Førde to have a lookup for you...(the libraries have often the films for their own district)Or maybe Marita can find more about her in the bygdebok.I am sorry, but I could not help!Happy hunting!!! From Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

Mariann-Thanks for all of your good efforts, even if they came to no final answer. I have seen the Førde (Naustdal) kyrkebok and agree it is difficult to read. I could find nothing of assistance in it on this question. I am still puzzeled why Sofia and Nils' wedding is not recorded, nor is Nils' death, while Sofia dies on Nils' family homestead. Maybe they lived away from Naustdal when these events happened, but it doesn't seem too likely. Have a wonderful vacation!Dale

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marita Brandsøy Lystad

This Sofia Olsdatter is quite a puzzle! I haven't found more than you already know, and based on this, I think Sofia Massie Olsdatter from Jonstad is the correct person. At least she is the most plausible candidate...she has the right name, she is born in the right periode of time, and we do not know that she has married someone else...in other words: it is most likely the right person, but we lack the proofs.I think it is time to check to church records. If the wedding between Sofia and Nils could be found, we might get some useful information as to who Sofias parents were.Marita

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.