Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15902] Alfred Molstad

Gjest Pauline St denis
 Del

Gjest Pauline St denis

I want to find where Alfred Molstad was born. The year was 1868 as he was 32 years old when his son Melvin was born in 1900 in Minnisota U. S. A. Can anyone help me as I have no knowledge of the family in Norway Pauline St Denis pstdenis@air.on.ca

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Year of emigration? I believe that Molstad was the name of the farm he came from back in Norway.-----In 1865 there were Molstad farms in:1.Ringsaker parish Hedmark county2.Gran parish in Oppland county3.Jevnaker parish in Oppland County4.Vestre Toten i Oppland county5.Nittedal parish in Akershus county-----Did he have any relatives?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Alfred as in Alfred J.Molstad who homesteaded land in Crookstone Minnesota in 1899?J.for what?Have you ordered Alfred's nat.papers?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

I will not do to much work on this, until you are back here, Pauline.I would think this is your family in the 1900 census, even if you have a wrong yob. on Alfred (or, the census has it wrong!).here you can see Alfreds family in 1900 in MN: http://www.lailas.net/lookup/molstad1900.gifAs you can see here, Alfred Molstad was born in Wisconsin in July 1872.Is this the correct family? Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

after a brief search, I think this is the right family.I also found this: Lenkewhere Pauline is mentioned.So, Nina, the guy you found, I think he might be the one. Lookes like the people went to canada, though. Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 måneder senere...

Pauline posted me this message:I think that Melvin's father's Father was Anton T Molstad from Toten.He was born c 1845 and lived in or around La Crosse Wisconsin around 1864. He served in the Civil war as a private and was discharged in 1865. Melvin's father Alfred was born c 1868 in La Crosse.Someone has a picture with the inscription on the back: Mrs Anton Molstad with the young children of Alfred Molstad. Don't know what year. but the fourth child was born 1902.Molstad ligger i Ringsaker, Vestre Toten. Kan noen hjelpe videre bakover, og/eller finnes det slektninger i Norge?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Hårstadsveen

Molstad på Toten ligger nå i Kolbu (den gang Vestre Toten, i dag Østre Toten) på Mjøsas vestside (Oppland fylke) da! Ikke på 'gærne' sida av Mjøsa (Ringsaker, Hedmark fylke)!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Hårstadsveen

At Toten we have a Anthon Tollefsen Molstad born 7th February 1846. His parents were Tollef Tollefsen (ca. 1800-1890), farmer at Molstad (but came from the farm Anmarkrud in Nord-Aurdal in Valdres) and Karen Torsteinsdatter Molstad (ca. 1809-1886).Anthon Tollefsen Molstad left Toten in 1864, and moved to Christiania (Oslo).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pauline St Denis

Thank you everyone who answered my message. I just read them late last night so waited till today to answer. To Nina: I really am not sure if the Molstad farm in our family is the one in Toten or Gran but I am leaning toward the one in Toten if Anton T Molstad was Alfred's father.I looked at the Hadeland log and that could be the right Alfred as the family did live in different towns in northern Minn. I have no Knowledge on his middle name.I do know that at least on of their children, Albert, was born in Crookston, Minn..I have not ordred any National papers as yet. Two of my cousins are also into the history of the family but as yet we haven't got together to put our information together. One of the cousins has been ill and is waiting for a kidney transplant. Laila,I clicked on the address you sent for the census but didn't get to read it all as it went very small and I could not print the whole thing. I will list the family but all the birth years are approximate. On Melvin's birth certificate (I do not have an actual copy of it) His father is listed as Alfred Molstad, age 32 B. La Cross,Wisconsin. Mother Minnie Vettleson, age 23, b Albert Lea, Minn.. Their children and birth years were: Otto,1897 Frank, 1899 Melvin, April 14, 1900 in Shevlin Minn. Benjamin Franklin, 1902 Ella, 1904 Hilda, 1905 Eddie, 1906 died 1929. Albert, 1909 Elmer, 1910 Ernest, 1912. We didn't even know that Eddie had even existed until I came across a certificate for when his body was sent back to Manitoba from Warroad Minn.. The family moved to Sprague Manitoba but I don't know when or if all of them went. I know that Ben and Ella both lived in the States till they died. Ben lived in Rochester Minn. and was married to Eva. He had one son Steven (Stephan?) Ella lived in Northern Minn.Is this family on the census? Next time I will not take so long to answer. Thanks again for your input. Wish I could read Norwegian Tor but I can't. Pauline

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.