Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15991] Sofus Haufmann

Gjest Anne-Lise Haufmann Godfrey
 Del

Gjest Anne-Lise Haufmann Godfrey

From a previous inquiry made by Ole Gamme for me about some of my ancestors, the name Sofus Haufmann came up as the father of my grandfather, Henry Emanuel Haufmann Skau. The Skau part was a surprise to us via the Norwegian Navy. We didn't know about it. Anyway, how can I get some information on Sofus? My grandfather was born in Kristiania on March 31, 1890 and while his mother is listed as Matilda Skau, I think perhaps his mother could have been his 'sister' Emilie, who was 16 years his senior. Maybe Emilie and Sofus had Henry, but Matilda and her husband J. Skau brought him up. Henry has forever been a mystery. Also, there is a family somehow connected to our Haufmann/Rossum family. The names are Wilhelm Halvorsen (known as Uncle Willie who was a prison warden somewhere in Oslo) and Albert Halversen (Uncle Albert). I believe there was a sister but don't have her name. I met both Uncle Willie (at the prison!) and Uncle Albert (at his house) in 1958. They were always called 'Uncle' but we don't know if they are physically related or not, or if the title is complementary. Any information or any suggestions of where I can get some info on Sofus Haufmann would be greatly appreciated. My father seems to think Sofus may have been a baker at Drobak, but can't remember why he came up with that. Anne Godfrey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Kamsvaag Berntsen

Could you please tell me where in Kristiania your grandfather was born. What were the sources you got from Mr. Ole Gamme ? (There is something I can't figure out going through the Kristiania Address Books 1889-91).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ole P. Gamme

Hi Geir.The information I have send Anne-Lise is from question 15123 here in the Debate Forum, Anna Bertine Rasmussen,f. 23.9.1862 i Horten. You have given most of this information. Mvh. Ole.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne Godfrey

Hello, Geir. In addition to what Ole gave you, my father thinks his father, Henry Emanual Haufmann (Skau?) was born in the East Side (Ostkanten) or the Old City (Gamlebyen).Thanks, Anne-Lise

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.