Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15997] Sofus Haufmann - additional info

Gjest Anne Godfrey
 Del

Gjest Anne Godfrey

Geir, in case I answered this in the wrong manner, my father thinks his father, Henry Emanuel Haufmann Skau was born in either the East Side (Ostkanten) or the Old City (Gamleben). Thanks, Anne-Lise

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Kamsvaag Berntsen

I don't think he was born there, at least if the date of birth is correct. I've looked through Kampen, Oslo Hospital (Gamlebyen),Grønland and even Aker (East) without luck. Now I'm searching the confirmation, finding it could give us some information.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I've found him through the confirmation. He was born March 30 1890 at Fødselsstiftelsen, christening April 5 1890, Confirmation April 30 1905 at Oslo Hospital (Gamlebyen) (Source for the Confirmation: Oslo Hospital Mini 8 1891-1908 5/8 f.172 no.25). His name HENRY EMANUEL SKAU, address Inges Gade 15. Parents Bachelor SOFUS HAUPTMANN and MATHILDE KASPARA FREDRIKSEN. His mother was later married with J. Skau. That explains the Skau name and the 1900 census.Going back the to 1890, we know he was born at Fødselsstiftelsen (Rikshospitalet) in Kristiania, but the christening did not take place there. This was not unusual. So now it remains the find out where the christening took place but at least we know the parents real names.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sofus Hauptmann is probably the same S.H. you'll find in Glemminge, Østfold in the 1900 Census. According to this, he was born in Odense, Denmark 1852 and married a local girl Oline.I'll have a look for their marriage to find out his fathers name.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sorry, my parish register for Glemmen ends (weddings) before 1890 and starts again in 1894,just too late to find the marriage. So help is needed finding Sophus' marriage.But when his son SIMON JOSEF LUDVIG was born in Glemmen April6 1899, the parents names were written “SOFUS LAURITZ EMIL HAPUTNANN” and “OLINE AMILIE SØRENSEN”, they were living in Lisleby, Glemmen. (Source: Glemmen Mini 13 1892-1907 f.144 no.134). Going backwards their daughter ELLARDA SIGRUN ADELE was born May 26 1896, Lisleby and the same spelling of names fore the parents except Sofus is written Sophus. (Glemmen Mini 13 1892-1907 f.83 no.154). It is added that the father is Danish. (Karl and Karoline is not looked for)According to the IGI FS Sophus Emil Lauritz Hauptmann was born May 23 185, christening at St.Knud, Odense, Denmark Aug 28 1852, parents Carl Ludvig Sophus Hauptmann and wife Caroline Mgdalene Kuhl.This is as far as I’ll go unless there’s something important I’ve missed.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne Godfrey

Thank you, Geir - you have given me so many more names to start checking out. Also, my father has just learned that he has several aunts and uncles and presumably, cousins, that he never knew he had! Anne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.