Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#16002] Translation-Norwegian to English

Gjest Mausey Hagen
 Del

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Hello,Could someone help me with a translation. I found a paragraph in the Hjelmeland farmbook #2 on Rosså that reads:BNR.1 ROSSÅBØEN 16. Ola Olson f. 1824 på Østerhus, Erfjord (16c) fekk Skøyte på bruket i 1852 av Åge Ågeson på bnr. 2, som hadde kjøpt det på auksjon straks før. Ola var brukar her nokre år men emigrete til Amerika i 1857. I 1855 fekk tenestejenta hans, Kari Mikkelsdtr. Aukland (94b), dottera Brønla Karine. Bror til Ola, Ola Olson f. 1831, var far til barnet. Han døydde på Rosså seks veker etter at barnet vart født. Brønla vart gift med Ola Jonson Foss (47). I only know a few words in Norwegian, but it sounds like it could be important information as Brønla was my great-grandmother. I think someone bought a farm at auction and then left for America. I don't understand who Brønla's father was or who raised her.If someone can be of help, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

Unit 1 ROSSÅBØEN 16. Ola Olson born 1824 at Østerhus, Erfjord (16c) bought the farm in 1852 from Åge Ågeson, unit 2, who had bought this farm unit on an auction a short while before. Ola farmed a few years, but emigrated to Amerika in 1857. In 1855 his maid, Kari Mikkelsdtr. Aukland (94b), gave birth to a daughter baptised Brønla Karine. Brother of Ola (the farmer), Ola Olson born 1831, was the father of this child. He died at Rosså six weeks after the child was born. Brønla later married Ola Jonson Foss (47).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Yngve,Thanks so much for the translation. It gave me what I was looking for. I appreciate your taking the time to do this.Thanks again.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 år senere...
Gjest Laurie Cepa

I am presently having a problem trying to get the censuses to come up in English. Whenever I hit the button at the bottom of the page, it takes me back to the opening page. Am I missing something? I know that I have been able to search in English in the past. Unfortunately, I am unable to read Norwegian.Help, help, help.Thanks you for any assistance that you can give.This sight has been exteremly helpful.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cathrine Magne

Hey Laurie.I've never used the English version of 'Digitalarkivet' before, but this is how I made it work in English:Open the home page, click 'English'. All text changes to English. Lenke Using the Database selector, it seems to me that you'll be able to search in English now?!Good luck!:-) Cathrine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.