Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#16180] Helena Eline Christiansdatter/ Aas, Akershus, Norway

Gjest Debi Koeller
 Del

Gjest Debi Koeller

Looking for any information on the following ancestors. Helena Eline Christiansdatter, daughter of Christian Hansen & Anne Marie Petersdatter. Helena was born on March 17, 1827 in Aas, Akershus, Norway. She married Anders Fredricksen Skoien in Jevnaker, Norway on Feb 4, 1849.Their children were:Kristian b. 1850 Goro b. 1858 Frederick b. April 21, 1854 Jevnaker, Norway Andrias b. March 22, 1861 Jevnaker, Norway Gulbrand b. 1866Any information that would verify this information or add to it would be great. Thanks for any help. Debi Koeller

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Robert Chr. H. Skogly

I only have the parish clerk's/the sexton's church records for this period; it says that Helena was not christened Helena Eline, but Helene (only). She was born on March 11., and christened in Ås church on March 18. (Source: Ås church book, sexton's book no. 4, folio 130, no. 12).Helene's parents were Christian Hansen Østbye from Enebakk parish and Anne Maria Petersdtr. from Bjørnebekk (in the Kroer area in Ås parish). The parents were not married at this time (I do not know if they were later either).I believe you will find Christian Hansen and his family in Enebakk in the 1801 census here: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f10229&variabel=0&postnr=2245&fulle=true&spraak=n>Lenke.The 1865 census (Lenke) says that 'Eline [Frederiksen]' was 39 at that time and born in Jevnaker (!). I rather think 'Eline' here is some/another form of 'Helene', not a part of a double name.Sinc., Robert Chr. H. Skogly, Oslo (RC@heimr.net /

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Debi Koeller

Hi Robert or anyone else who may have the answer. In reference to the 1801 Census you mentioned in your reply. I was wondering what a couple of terms meant. Under the heading Yrke- what does Jordlos huusmand and Livores Mand, and Huusmand uden jord og gevorbens mean? I have been able to determine what everything else means using my norwegian dictionary by Einar Haugen, but I just can't quite get these terms. Thanks for any help. Debi Koeller

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I can try. Livøre/føderåd: pensioner upon one's own estate. Husmann uten jord: Farmhand without a little piece of land. Husmann: Farmhand with a little piece of land. Gevorben: private soldier or something like it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.