Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#16245] Jans Hans OLSEN from Hedrum

Gjest Jeff Erickson
 Del

Gjest Jeff Erickson

I am seeking information about the family and ancestors of Jan Hans Olsen possibly fro steinholt Hedrum. I believe he was born possibly 24 mar 1875 at Klavenes Hedrum and married Martha Kristine LARSDATTA in 28 March 1810. He had a son Borre 21 Aug 1820. Where can I find official birth records or other details of him and his family. Can anyone help

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit M Gaarder

You can find Marte Kistine Larsdtr at Stensholt farm in Hedrum in the 1801 cencus. She is 14 years old and living with her parents, brothers and sisters.Klavenes farm is not in Hedrum, but in Sandeherred, now Sandefjord. It is also a farm in Våle, Vestfold who is named Klavenes.Mvh Berit

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit M Gaarder

According to 'Hedrum bygdebok' Jan Hans Olsen who married Marthe Kristine Larsdtr. in 1810 was born at Nordkvelle Mellom in Hedrum. It was her 2. marriage. They had 9 children. The first was born in 1811, and number 5 was Børre Waal born in 1820.Jan Hans' parents was Ole Engebretsen from Styrvoll, Lardal, and Maren Jacobsdtr. from Nordkvelle mellom.I find more than one Hans Olsen living at Klavenes farm in the 1801-cencus, but none of them are the same person who married Marte Kristine in 1810 according to the 'Bygdebok'.I can't find any Jan Hans Olsen in Hedrum in 1801.Mvh Berit

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Hei Jeff!I think your family is here, and they are mentioned in Tjølling Bygdebok on page 1062 and 1079. And in Hedrum Bygdebok on page 122.[url="http://www.vestfold-slekt.net/cgi-bin/db.cgi?db=0725Viede1&view_detail=1&ID=1863>LenkeI can see on page 1062, a daughter of Børre Waal Hansen, Inger Marie b. 1854, was Married with Anders Eriksson Rølander from Sweden. They lived in Larvk. Your Famely ?Some links:http://folk.uio.no/khunskaa/slekt/http://www.vestfold-slekt.net/sandar/kirkebok.html

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Kjell.ThanksYes this is my family Anders Eriksson was my great grandfather. They lived in Larvik ib the 1900 census.Is the Tjølling Bygdebok available on the net. Is there an English version of the Hedrum link.?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Jeff ! Tjølling Bygdebok is not available on the net and there is not an English version of the Hedrum link. So you have to buy some books or a digital translater. I will try to make a genealogical table for you, with starting point at your Grandparents and what I can find in the Tjølling Bygdebok.Here is your Grandparents Wedding.LenkeMed Hilsen Kjell.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

The Tjolling marriage record for Borre Waal Hansen shows he died in 1890 and his wife in 1898. Are there any details of the dates and places?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Hei Jeff!The Tjølling marriage record on Vestfold-Slekt, is maked of me, and that is a transcript of chuch records on mikrofilm. And I have with addition.of date from the Bygdebok, give alot of informasjon, as age; birth, duration of life, death and places, and not to forget fathers, where the chuch records give little information. Birth and death records is not checked against chuch records, but I have possibility to check all date if they are readable.The Tjølling Bygedebok is made of the author, Jan W. Krohn-Holm.in 1971 after many years of work and it is a very useful book.Your Great Grandfather Børre Waal Hansen was owner of Koiglova, br. nr.3, Eftang Mellom, 1863-1890. to his deth. - Koiglova was a litle place, a house with litle land around. Børre was dead at Eftang sept.6 1890 and was buryed. 13 sept.- Widow Kristine Marie Jakobsd. d. 16. feb 1898, in Larvik under a visit with her daughter, buryed in Tjølling 20 feb. 1898. The cause of death.was enfeebled by age.Børre and his wife had 7 children:(1.) Hans Jakob, b. 1847.(2.) Nicolea Børresd, b.1849, d. 1902. m, Andreas Halvorsen, b. 1845, d. 1915.[url="http://www.vestfold-slekt.net/cgi-bin/db.cgi?db=0725Viede1&view_detail=1&ID=2503>LenkeAndreas was from Åsmundrød. Child. Anne Kristine, b 1878, d, 1907, m. Hans Anton Johansen, b. 1879 -Østby N. Br. Nr. 25.- d. Refsholt 1947. He live later in Larvik and Rekkevik. He was married for the second time.LenkeThey had a daughter: Astrid. --- in his first marriage.(3.) Johan Martin, b. 1852. --(4.) Inger Marie Børresd. b. 1854.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Thank you again KjellYes I am trying to trace Erik Andersson in Swweden, He was born in Roloanda in 1929 but i'm not having much luck.My other great grandfather was Henry Thompson . He supposedly also came from near Larvik from a farm called Bergen, He was maaried in South Australia aged 28 im 1896 - birth about 1868 in norway. Henreys father was also Henry shown on his 1st marriage. The father may have been Christof (shown as father on Henys 2nd marriage in Australia)Henry and his family lived somehere near Anders Eriksen. The familes knew each other in Norway. Do you have details about bergen farm or henry thompsonThanks again

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Hei Jeff.Rödlanda Chuch - (Dals-Eds kn. in Vestre Götalands län in Sweden).Your great-grandfather Henry Thompson, - I am believing he has changed names. If he was born in Norway, can the names not be correct; How was his emigrasjon to Australia? Was he in the U.S.A. first, or was he gone ashore from a ship, as ship's crew.? Run away from home, run away to sea and run away from the ship.? Do you have other relatives that emigrated to Australia? It.s no farm in the region with name Bergen, that have to be Bergan.Emigrants from Larvik. [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=arkivverket/emilar&postnr=&spraak=>Lenke(5.) Jørgen Børresen, 1856-1932.He’s first marriage: LenkeHe’s second marriage: LenkeChildren in first marriage: Anders Martin, b. 1883, to U.S.A.Bernhard Børresen, b. 1887, to Sandar. Lenke(6.) Karen Olea, b.1861. --(7.) Anne Sofie, b. 1863-d, 1944.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Jeff!Församling: Rölanda församling Webbplats:Karlstads stiftE-post: dalseds.pastorat@svenskakyrkan.sePostadress: STORGATAN 30 668 30 EDBesöksadress: Se postadress Telefon: 0534-100 70 Fax: 0534-101 57.Kjell.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Hi KjellThank you again I will write to Sweden about Anders Erikssons birth.Henry Thompson (may have been Thomassen, or a Thomsen maybe even a Henrik) was a seaman before settling in Australia. I have written away for his marriage certificateWas Bergan near Larvik?I think l I have found that Borre Waal Hansen's wife was the daughter of Jacob Olsen and Nette Andersdr.They were married in Sandar 31 Aug 1821 .I think Nette was the daughter of Annders Simonsen and Marthe Maria AndersDr. It looks like she was christened in Tjolling on 20 july 1794 but the 1801 census shows her with her mother aged 5 in Rondingen at Eftang. Is this the same Nette? Thank you for your work making the Vestfold-Slekt. It makes it easier for people far away to trace their ancestorsJeff

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Jeff!Yours ancestors in Tjølling and your great-grandmother Inger Marie BørresdatterVi can start with Jakob Nilssøn, Hem Ø. d. 1692 , and Jøran Nilsdatter and their children, Oluf, Halvor, Nils and Åge.Åge Jakobssøn. d. 1714, 50 years old. He was married two times. [url="http://www.vestfold-slekt.net/cgi-bin/db.cgi?db=0725Viede1&view_detail=1&ID=203>Lenke And: LenkeChild in the first marriage, Barbro, b. 1696.Children in the second marriage. (1.) Nils Ågesen, b. 1702.(see next) (2.) Jacob, b. 1705. (3.) Anne, b. 1708. (4.) Kirsti, (5.) Ester, m. Henrik Andersen.Nils Ågesen, b. 1702, d. 1762. LenkeChildren: (1.) Åge, (2.) Guttorm, b. 1735. (3.) Anders, b. 1739, see next.Anders Nilsen, b. 1739, d. 1804. LenkeChildren:(1.) Karen, b. 1763, m. Søren Larsen, Larvik.(the sons Hans and Nils lives in Kjerringvik.)(2.) Marthe, b. 1770, d. 1809, unmarried, one daughter, illegitimate child Nette Andersd, (see next, Jacob Olsen) b. 1794, d. 1883, - father; was Anders Simonsen, Hof.(3.) Ole Andersen, b. 1777, d. 1824, next owner, married with - Kristine Marie Jacocbsd. LenkeChildren: 1. Maren Lenke 2. Hans Jacob, b. 1812. 3.Anne Elisabeth, b. 1814.(4.) Anne Margrethe, b. 1779, live to Flensburg, Germany. (5.) Anne, b. 1782, m. Elias Lund, Stavern.Jacob Olsen from Andebu, d. 1874, 92 years old, m. Nette Andersd, b. 1794, Lenke I have checked the wedding in Sandar, and 31.aug. 1821, is correct, And she was christened in Tjølling, 20 july 1794. Bergan is nearest about 10 kilometers away from Larvik.Barn: (1.) Kristine Marie, b.1823, m. Børre Waal Hansen. Lenke2.) Ole Jakobsen, b. 1825, m. Anne Marie Johannesd. Lenke(3.) Elisabeth , b. 1828 m. Syvert Kristiansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Kjell,Thank you again.Jakob Nilsson - is Hem a place? and does O. mean Ostfold?Inger Marie Borresd. who married Anders Eriksson in 1879. Do you know where she died and when?Also do you know where Anders Eriksen died and when? I know from the 1900 census they were living in Larvik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Jeff.Hem is a farm, Ø (O) mean Øst east; or East Hem.Anders Eriksen died in Larvik 3. Mars 1901, and buryed at the graveyard, 11. Mars.I can not find Inger Marie Børresdatter dead in Larvik, before 1926.That’s necessary to use Norwegian letters, when you are searching in Norwegian material. Æ æ-Øø-Åå.And Ä ä Ö ö, in Sweden.That’s very easy, only to use copy and paste letters.Kjell.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Kjell,The date 3rd March is also my birthday.When can the Tjolling bydebok be purchased or is it not available to buy?Jeff

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Which county will I find 'Styrvoll, Lardal'. Is it Vestfold? Ole Engebretsen seems to have been a very popular name

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Jeff!Styrvoll in Lardal, in Vestfold is here. - LenkeTjølling bygdebok is not to be purchased. Sorry the book is sold out for years ago.Kjell.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Harald Haug

Styrvold is the southernmost part of Lardal Parish in Vestfold County, very close to Hedrum. (By the way, in Styrvold there are also farms called Steinsholt.)As you understand, to read the Tjølling bygdebok, you simply have to travel to Norway and visit the local library, preferably in Larvik, Sandefjord or Tønsberg!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

I think have found some information on Jacob Nilsson. He was born at Ostre Hem in 1627 and married Joran about 1651 in Tjolling and died there in 1692The son Ola was born about 1652 at Mellom Sandnes, Tjolling in 1652 and died in 1717Is there still some way I can confirm these dates or is 1690 the limit for Tjolling?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

I am a little puzzled about Jan Hans Olsen see number (3) on 20.07.2003.I have found a Jan Olsen who was christened at Hedrum on 24 SEp 1786 with a father OLE RODNINGEN.When was the Jan Hans Olsen with father Ole Engebretsen born. How can I be sure which is the right Jan Hans? is 24 Mar 1785 right?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit M Gaarder

Hedrum bygdebok s. 122: Jan Hans Olsen from Nordkvelle Mellom, born 1778 died 1839. Married 1810 the widow Marthe Kristine Larsdatter from this farm. She was born 1787, died 1873.The information in the bygdebok is secondary, and might contain mistakes. You have to find the church records to find out whether he is the right person. First the wedding to find his fathers name, and then his christening.The Hedrum link from (4) has not yet the right years for the wedding and christening. If the information from the book is right, you can find the wedding of Jan Hans Olsens parents, Ole Engebretsen and Maren Jacobsd. here:LenkeBerit

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

I think I have found the wedding on 9th December 1773. I think it is in Hedrum. I will check the link.I think Ole's father was Ingebret Gundersen and his mother Marte Andersdatter

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Beret,Yes the link shows the same date as my other research. I know no Norwegian but I think i understand what is in your link from a dictionary.Ole Engelbrethsen married Maren Jacobsd. on 9th December 1773 in Hedrum. They had been engaged to marry since 01 August 1773Ole was a young man - unmarried (den unge karl) Maren was an unmarried girl (pigen)The best men wereHerbrand Naes and Lars Norqvell and the last column is the witnesses.Is that correct?I think i have found Ole was born in Styrvoll, Lardal in 1744.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.