Arkivverket
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Susan Vera

[#16247] Leif Leifson b: 1860 married Anne Halvorsdatter b: 1850 Sauland

Guest Susan Vera

I am lookinfg for any information about Leif Leifson and his parents and grandparents. He married Anne Halvorsdatter who was the daughter of Halvor Torbjørnsen DALEN. children of Leif and Anne were Halvor b: 1882 Leif b: 1883 Liv b: 1885 IngebjørgThey came to America settling in Forest City Iowa in 1894.

Guest Susan Vera

Thank you Ole.Would there be any way to confirm which family he is from. Maybe an entry somewhere of marriage that would tell his father and mothers names?He was from the Sauland, Hjartdal, Telemark area. I may have not added that before. Sorry Hilsen Susan

Guest Laila Kornstad

I think this can be the right Leif Leifson, but his name is written Lev.LenkeLaila Kornstad.

Guest Susan Vera

Thank you Laila, This is could be him. It looks like he is not living with his parents.What do these words mean? hendes Søn and Logerende

Guest Astrid Ryen

'Hendes Søn' means her son, which probably means he is the son of Anne Thorsd. who is 'logerende' meaning she is a lodger at the farm.

Guest Astrid Ryen

Anne is said to be ug(ift) - not married.

Guest Susan Vera

That is interesting. I wonder, judging from the age of Thor, if he is her father and Lev and his mother are lodging with her father and his second wife and children or something.Or is it a coinsidence that the head of household is Thor? (thinking out loud)Thank you for your help! Med hilsen Susan

Sign in to follow this