Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#16293] Johanna Christine, f, 10. des. 1858, kanskje Kr.sund/Egersund? til USA

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen
 Del

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Jeg har fått denne forespørselen, og, håper dere skriver på Engelsk, skal prøve å få Bonnie til å komme inn selv i debatten! Bonnie er faktisk medlem av DIS! Laila The people I am most interested in finding out more about are:(3) Johanna Christine. I am not sure of her maiden name; Johnson is the name I found in a note made by her daughter in reference to her. I have located only one likely possibility on the Digitalarkivet: 648 1882 Okt. 04 Johanna Johansen K 25 1857 U Pigen Krsund Mich. Nei AmerikanlI have also found a reference in some of the family notes pertaining to her as being born in Egersund, although I have not been able to verify that even after many hours of searching.(10) Even Alexander Cameron. A reference to him was pointed out to me in Salt Lake City at the Family History Library. It said something to the effect that he and a couple of other British seamen were known to have despoiled many maidens in Kristiansund and other ports and left behind many fatherless children.The information here is documented; I do not put it in my program unless it is. FIRST GENERATION1. Charl Johan SORENSON was born on 13 March 1889 in Manistee MI. He was baptized on 22 March 1889 in Manistee MI. He was baptized on 22 March 1889 in Manistee MI. He died on 2 February 1933 in Manistee MI. He was buried on 5 February 1933 in Manistee MI. His cause of death- peritonitis from ruptured appendix.SECOND GENERATION2. Knudt Martinus SORENSON was born on 15 January 1860 in Kristiansund Norge. He was christened on 19 February 1860 in Kristiansund Norge. He immigrated on 27 April 1882 to Kristiansund Norge. He died on 22 January 1938 in Manistee MI. He was buried on 24 January 1938 in Manistee MI. He was married to Johanna Kristine (JOHNSON?) on 5 June 1883.3. Johanna Kristine (JOHNSON?) was born on 10 December 1858 in Norway. She immigrated in 1883. She died in 1936 in Manistee MI. She was buried in Manistee MI. Knudt Martinus SORENSON and Johanna Kristine (JOHNSON?) had the following children: i. Edvard Kristian SORENSON was born on 25 March 1884 in Manistee MI. He died in March 1963. He was christened in Manistee MI. He was buried in Manistee MI. ii. Eida Marie SORENSON was born on 10 October 1885 in Manistee MI. She died on 4 January 1904 in Milwaukee WI. She was buried on 12 January 1904 in Milwaukee WI. iii. Emellie Soffie SORENSON was born on 5 July 1887 in Manistee MI. She died on 2 June 1908 in Manistee MI. She was buried on 4 June 1908 in Manistee MI. 1 iv. Charl Johan SORENSON. v. Menie Kristine SORENSON was born on 22 August 1891 in Manistee MI. She died on 27 May 1960 in Manistee MI. vi. Chlara Josofine SORENSON was born on 14 October 1893 in Manistee MI. She died in January 1973 in Manistee MI. She was buried in Manistee MI. vii. Leselia Elisabet SORENSON was born on 27 March 1896 in Manistee MI. She died on 15 April 1917 in Manistee MI 9 o'clock a.m. She was buried on 19 April 1917 in Manistee MI.THIRD GENERATION4. Soren Edvard EIDSVAAG was born on 6 March 1838 in Norway. He died on 16 April 1910 in Kristiansund Norge.5. Kristine Regine CHRISTIANSDOTTER was born on 27 March 1838 in Kristiansund Norge. She died on 27 November 1907 in Kristiansund Norge. Soren Edvard EIDSVAAG and Kristine Regine CHRISTIANSDOTTER had the following children: 2 i. Knudt Martinus SORENSON. ii. Oline (Magdeline) EIDSVAAG was born on 26 August 1861 in Norway. She was christened on 20 October 1861 in Norway. She died. iii. Edvard Christian EIDSVAAG was born on 4 April 1863. iv. Emanuel EIDSVAAG was born on 17 June 1865 in Norway. He was christened in October 1865 in Norway. He immigrated in 1897 to From Kristiansund. He died on 5 September 1924 in Norfolk VA. v. Ragnid Cristine Carotine EIDSVAAG was born on 18 February 1867 in Norway. She was christened on 2 June 1867 in Norway. vi. Martine Caroline EIDSVAAG was born on 2 June 1869 in Norway. vii. the little stillborn EIDSVAAG was born on 15 October 1871 in Norway. viii. Soren Ragnar (Sorensen) EIDSVAAG was born on 14 May 1874 in Kristiansund Norge. He died in October 1961 in Yakima WA. He immigrated. ix. Tony EIDSVAAG was born after 1874 in Norway.FOURTH GENERATION8. Knud Knudsen EIDSVAAG. He was married. Knud Knudsen EIDSVAAG had the following children: 4 i. Soren Edvard EIDSVAAG.10. Even Alexander CAMERON.11. Elen Magdalena CHRISTIANSDOTTER was born in Kristiansund Norge?. Even Alexander CAMERON and Elen Magdalena CHRISTIANSDOTTER had the following children: 5 i. Kristine Regine CHRISTIANSDOTTER.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

In what county is Manistee MI? Is Manistee a twp? The marriage record in the churchbook will probably give her maiden name.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

OK, found it. Get Bonnie online here. She should call: Manistee county clerk 616-723-3331 and ask for Johanna Christine's marriage. That record will give us her maiden name. Have Bonnie a copy of her death certificate? or naturalization ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Bonnie Lampert

A Family Mystery?I do not believe Johanna and Knut were married in Manistee, but will double check the church records. I think I have done that but it was early on when my recordkeeping was nonexistent as far as logging searches. I will check on the death certificate also. Fairly certain she was not naturalized. Thanks for the help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bonnie Lampert

Name: Johanne Christine JOHANNSEN? Uncertain of surname there is a reference in her daughter''s bible to Johanna JohnsonSex: Female PlaceBirth 10 Dec 1858 unknown Immigration 1882 (age 24) This is only a guess Marriage 5 Jun 1883 (age 24) unknown Spouse - Knut Martinus (Sorenson in USA) EIDSVAAG of Kristiansund N Death 1936 (age 78) Manistee MI Burial Manistee MINotes 1. Norwegian Church record in Michigan-lists her birthplace as Egsund N. 2. I have some information Knut’s family, 2 generations further back. 3. Spelling of first name from the Norwegian Church record.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bonnie Lampert

Thank You, that was his brother. He also had the following siblings.Oline (Magdeline) EIDSVAAG (26 Aug 1861 - 20 May 1935) Edvard Christian EIDSVAAG (4 Apr 1863 - 1882) Martine Caroline EIDSVAAG (2 Jun 1869 - ) the little stillborn EIDSVAAG (15 Oct 1871 - ) Soren Ragnar (Sorensen) EIDSVAAG (14 May 1874 - Oct 1961) Ragnid Cristine Caroline EIDSVAAG (18 Feb 1867 - ) Antoni EIDSVAAG (1878 - 6 Jul 1901) Olaf EIDSVAAG (1880 - )

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Kristiansen

In Kristiansund, we have been looking for these people, but we haven’t found anything of Johanna Christine yet. The church records burnt in 1950 and baptized from 1858 is gone. So has confirmation from the beginning of 1870’s. And likewise the ”Utflyttings”list from the beginning of 1880’s. You should perhaps try looking for her in Egersund, maybe that’s easier?Of Even Alexander Cameron we haven’t found anything than the record of the baptizing in 1838 of Christianna Regine so far. But the reference mentioned in (1) is in ”Kristiansunds historie, bind 2” page 208 (Kristiansund 1951) and the quote is in norwegian ”Når vi er inne på kapitlet moralen, må vi også nevne de mange britiske sjøfolkene som årvisst besøkte byen, - besøk som i mange tilfelle ikke ble uten følger. I kirkeboken inntar de en framskutt plass som barnefedre, blant navnene har vi for eksempel Thomas Clarke, John Montgomery, Alexander Henderson, William Simmons, Alexander Harper, Joseph Hardy, Thomas Wm. Thomson, Alexander Cameron m. fl.” But this is about the morale in the town in the end of 18th century, and this Alexander Cameron might be the father of Even Alexander Cameron who baptized a child in 1838. That is my theory. In the church records of 1838, Even Alexander Cameron, was named as a widower, but I couldn’t find the marriage of him in the period 1819-1838. I haven’t been looking for the death of his wife. Haven’t found E.A. Cameron baptized in Kristiansund 1785-1819. Shall check the 1801-census later this week. (The census here at Digitalarkivet of 1801 lacks a lot, but local historian E. Thurn-Christensen wrote the census off the original papers at Riksarkivet in Oslo.) Due to a problem with one of the micro reading machines, we have a shortage of them at the moment, and there is a queue of the one left, so we have limited time to look in the church records.We, myself and a local historian, Tor Larsen, he has specialized in ”Nordlandet” in Kristiansund, a part of the town where the Eidsvaags lived, have a lot of information of the other people mentioned in this thread. If Bonnie doesn’t know of them, it will be a pleasure to supply the information. From Eidsvåg in Nesset it is possible to trace them back to before 1700, and I even thought I found some connection to the Aspafamily this evening from Sørens mother, Rebekka Marie. Must check that further.In the archive of the late local historian Erling Thurn-Christensen at the library of Kristiansund, we couldn’t find anything of Knut Martinus Eidsvaag, b. 1859, than that. Just his name and year of birth. But there are a lof of other information regarding these families.Tor Larsen, the local historian, is thrilled to get information of the whereabouts of the Eidsvågfamily. But unfortunately he haven’t, untill now, been concentrating of the street of Møregaten and its inhabitants. The Eidsvaag family lived in Møregaten 4 and Møregaten 6. In the census of 1865 they lived in number 258 and 259.We shall be looking for Even Alexander Cameron and even Alexander Cameron, but looking for Johanne Christine could be a tedious work. We could check the censuses of 1870 and 1875, but we have to check every person of these censuses, and that will take a while. I will therefore recommend a check in Egersund first.Tore Kristiansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bonnie Lampert

Thank you so very much! I am so excited to finally find something outside of my own research. It is nine years almost exactly since I started looking for this family & this is the first information I have received from any other source. I would be most appreciative of any further information you may have. What is posted here is pretty much what I have although I did know Rebekka was Soren's mother. The women are especially hard to trace. There was a niece in Sandefjord in the late 1940's but I have no name. Again thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Øverlie

Bonnie, in note no. 6 you mention that one of the records state that Johanna Christine was born in Egsund. In the 1865 census I could only find one place in Norway with that name and that is Egsund (Eiksund) i Herøy, Møre og Romsdal. There is a local farm and family history history book (bygdebok) for that area and maybe someone with that book available could have a look.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Kristiansen

Haven’t found anything new about Even Alexander Cameron or Johanna Christine in records at Kristiansund library the last days. Shall ask a historian, professional, who also is a descendant of Cameron, whether she has anything about him.Bonnie, you could email me and I will send you the information I have got of Knut’s ancestors. My email address is: tore@kristiansen.tcFor other reading this thread I will supply some of the names of the ancestors here: Eidsvaag came from Liedgarden, Eidsvåg in Nesset, Romsdal. Knud Knudsen Eidsvaag b. ca 1809 married Rebekka Marie Eriksdatter Bolgen and her father came from Nedre Bolga in Frei. From there it’s lead to Or, Bjerkestrand in Frei and Aspa. The Aspa-connection is unfortunately listed as unknown in the bygdebok of Straumsnes. Only information about her is her marriage in 1763 with Fredrik Bolgen.Rebekka’s mother was Ingeborg Magdalene Sørensdatter Hotten b. 1804 in Kristiansund and probate Feb 15, 1845. Her parents lived in Kristiansund at 1801-census. I have found a place Hotten in 1865-census at Voss, Hordaland. Maybe there are others?Elen Magdalene Christiansdatter’s parents was Christian Olsen Walderhaug (outside Ålesund?) and Ragnild Pedersdtr Tokle (in Grytten, now Rauma municipality in Romsdal). Ragnild’s parents lived in Kristiansund at 1801-census. Tore

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.