Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#16308] Iver Nyhammer in Gulen

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am trying to find the parents of Martha Iversdatter Nyhammer, b. 1774. On the LDS website, I found a probable birth record -- the father's name is Iver Nyhammer. Other children of Iver Nyhammer are Magdeli (b. 1767), Ole (b. 1769), and Ingebor (b. 1771). Also on the LDS website, I found a marriage record for Iver Nyhammer and 'Gulach Krachene' in July 1766 (Gulen).I thought Gulak was a man's name. Is there a female equivalent? I have looked all through the church records for Sogn og Fjordane and also the ones for Gulen, but can find no one with a name even close to this. I am guessing that 'Krachene' is a farm name, but her first name has me baffled!Can anyone help me?Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Terje Sande

According to the 'Bygdebok' for Gulen, Martha's mother was Gulaug Jacobsdtr. Nyhamar. She married Ivar 12 Jul 1766, but the book has no birthdates for either of them. Ivar died around 1775 and Gudlaug in 1787. They were 'plassfolk' at Nyhamar.Gulaug's parents were Jacob Olson Nyhamar and Berte Pedersdtr. Morup. Again no birthdates, but they married 7 Oct 1733. Further back there is some guessing, but the authors suggest that Jacobs father was Ola Johannesson and his father Johannes Torsteinson born 1645. His father was Torstein Gregoriusson and his mother Ambjørg. His father Gregorius is the first recorded person on the farm, and he was dead before 1631 when his wife Karen was recorded as widow. There is no information on Berte.Gulaug (or Gudlaug) is a rather unusual name, and I have no idea what 'Krachene' might be. There is a place called Krakken not to far away, but nothing to suggest that se had any connections there.Helsing Terje

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Terje, thank you for this information. It fills in some blanks that I think I would not have gotten otherwise. It's very frustrating that I cannot locate the Nyhammer farm in any census prior to 1801.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Sande

In those days this part og Gulen (or Eivindviks prestegjeld) belonged to Søndre Bergenhus amt. In the 1701 census you find 'Nyehamer' there.Helsing Terje

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you again! I did find Nyhammer in 1701, but no one from this family was there. I found Olle Johansen (age 40) and his son Jacob Olsen (age 9) at Stornes gard (Efvindvigs). I was hoping that Johannes Torsteinsen was still alive, but I could not find him.Then I tried to find Nyhammer in 1660, but had no luck... I did not see a database for Søndre Bergenhus amt. Do you have any suggestions for where I could look?Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Sande

The persons you have found at Storenes is a different family (Storenes is about 15 km south of Nyhamar). The Gulen area is not covered by any of the databases for 1660. I do not know the reason, but may be the source is lost. You can find Nyhamar under Militærruller for Bergenhus len in the 1650's, and may be it is Ole Johannesson (Jensen) that is listed there.Terje

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi TerjeI guess those names are common enough that I might find a father and son with names that matched on another farm. Oh well... I thought I found something!I do see Olle (no last name) and Otte Jensen, both from Nyehammer, in the Military roll for Bergenhus 1653, and Olle alone in 1655. Thank you for finding this information, and for all your other help!Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Sande

There is another source here at DA where you find Nyhamar and some possible ancestors. Take a look at 'Poll tax 1645-46 for Sunnhordland, Nordhordland and Voss' or 'Koppskatten 1645-46 for Nordhordland og Voss og Su' (I'm not sure what the title is using the english interface).Glad to have been of some help.Helsing Terje

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.