Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#16504] Ole Hansen from Trondheim

Gjest Bart Hansen
 Del

Gjest Bart Hansen

Is there any hope of tracing someone with only this information? All I have is that he was born on 16 February 1842 - became an orphan at age 12 and was raised by grandparents.There are so many Ole Hansens born in 1842. Is it possible to determine which is correct?I have found Ole leaving Norway in April of 1881, and followed him after that to where he finally settled in St Paul, Minnesota.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Bjørnaas

Where did you find him leaving Norway in 1881 ? Can you make a link to that place ? It might be very difficult to find him, but it depends on what information the emigration papers give. Have you by the way found him in some cencus in America ? Do you know if he visited Norway again, did he have any siblings, children (if so, their names) ? Do you know if he had any relatives in America ? Any information can help us in tracing him back here.Best regards Inger

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bart Hansen

Hi Inger -Thanks very much for your reply. Ole Hansen, my great-grandfather, left from Kristiania on 08.04.1881; from the Digitalarkivet, serial 1068. His residence is Kristiania. A man named Johan Hansen apparently traveled with him as serial 1067. The two men had different residences and destinations. I have never tried to trace Johan, as he does not appear with our family in the US in any way.I have not been able to find Ole in the 1865 or 1875 censuses, as he has such a common name.Ole's destination was Red Wing, Minnesota. Four months later, his wife-to-be, Janette Pettersdatter followed him to Red Wing with her son Carl Anton Knudsen. Carl was born 13 September 1879 in Skedsmo to her and father Petter Knudsen. Janette and Carl left Kristiania on 29.07.1881 for Red Wing, serial 6720. Ole and Janette married in February of 1882 and my grandfather, Gust, was born there in December 1882. By the 1885 Minnesota Census, they were living in St Paul, where they remained. A daughter, Hattie, was born in 1885. I know of no trip back to Norway by any family member. Carl became Charles Hansen in the US. I have successfully traced Janette's life and family in Norway, but I do not find her with Ole there.Thanks again, Bart

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

I don't think that Johan is related to Ole since they are listed in different family groups. [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=emikra1&variabel=0&postnr=28712&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeWhere do Trondheim enter into this story? Have you found him born there?I find an Ole in 1875 in Kristiania who is a Murer (Bricklayer). But he is born in Kongsberg in 1844.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gisle Hersvik

There are many candidates for Ole Hansen in census 1865 and 1875, but do you know when he moved to Kristiania (Oslo)?From the emigration records you know that he is a 'murer', maybe this title can be used in finding him in 1865/1875 (Trondheim or Kristiania)?Link to Ole Hansen’s emigration: [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=emikra1&variabel=0&postnr=28712&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeLink to Janette and Carl's emigration:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Bjørnaas

Is it possible to find any more information in the churcbooks when they married in 1882 ? Such as his fathers name, where and when Ole was born ? Do you know his date of birth ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bart Hansen

Thanks Tor, Gisle, and Inger -My mother wrote that Ole Hansen was born in Trondheim 16 Feburary 1842, became an orphan at 12 and was raised by grandparents. Sadly, that is all the information I have on his life in Norway before leaving in 1881.Tor, Johan Hansen is listed next to Ole on the emigrant protokoller and next to him on the ship manifest of the SS Marathon when they arrived in Boston on 2 May 1881. Do you think I should look for Johan in Eidsberg? As I said before, I have never heard of a Johan or John Hansen on that side of my family.Inger, I have tried to find church records from the marriage in Red Wing. We even visited Red Wing last spring. The minister was well-known in the Swedish Methodist church, but that church has merged with other churches over the years and the records are difficult to find. I am still writing letters to find them.mvh, Bart

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

No, I think it is pure coinsident that they are listed close to each other. It seems to more people leaving from Eidsberg on this ship.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.