Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#16508] nodshilder and sijrtestad

Gjest thelma knight
 Del

Gjest thelma knight

looking for johanns born 1830 and cecilia 1842 they went by nodshilder in america. believe their son hans was born 1866 in royken, buskerud. can anyone help me. thank you

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

First og all, I could not find anyone by the the name of Nodshilder or anything like it in the 1865 census.What about Sjirstad (could be the name of a farm) - is that a name that anyone in the family used?Do you know the names of any siblings of Hans? This would help to locate the family in the 1865 census.I did find a couple by the name of Johann Andreassen aged 37 and Sesilia Andersdatter aged 29 at a farm Nersnæss in Røyken (1865), but this is just a wild guess!Do you know when they emigrated?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest thelma knight

the only child was hans born1866 who married herborg born 1824 hans and herborg may have been married in america. they settled in minnesota,but i am not sure when. they have a baby buried here in 1909. i am really not sure where they came from in norway. thank you for your reply and help

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Myrvang

Further information related to Astri`s suggestion:Extract from the 1875 census from Røyken, Buskerud:Johan Andreassen, born 1826, married to Secilie Andersdatter, born 1837.Children: Adolf, b. 1860, Martin, b. 1862, Hjalmar, b. 1864, Karoline, b. 1870, Anette, b. 1872, Anton, b. 1874. They lived on a small farm at Nærsnes called Damstuen.As you can see, no Hans is present at that time, but he would have fitted in between Hjalmar and Karoline. Although, if Hans was the only child of his parents, we can exclude this family. Are you quite sure that he was the only child? Do you have any other informations about Hans and his parents?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest thelma knight

i do not know if han had brothers or sisters. i did find in the mormon records in norway hans born march 13,1866 with parents johan andreassen and cecilia damstuen in royken,buskerud,norway and in america hans parents were johanns and cecilia thank you

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Johannes Nodshilder: Johannes Nodshilder found in:Census Microfilm Records: Minnesota, 1900 Lived in: Lisbon Township, Yellow Medicine County, Minnesota Series: T623 Microfilm: 798 Book: 2 Page: 93The census don't tell when they immigrated, and it tells that Johannes and Cecilia just had one child. (did not live with them in 1900).Johannes Nödshilder was born August 1833 and his wife May 1844.(yes, in the US census, their name was written Nödshilder)-----------

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Thelma, in 1920-census you will find that Cecilie immigrated around 187x (hard to read). You should be able to get this census 1920 U.S. Census Minnesota Yellow Medicine Lisbon ED# 206It gives a lot of the family.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.