Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#16530] Lars Hermansen Smith

Gjest R.  Delpeut
 Del

Gjest R.  Delpeut

Hi, I am looking for Lars Hermansen Smith, as far as I know born in Holt, around 1754. He was married to Anna Christina Bugge 3-12-1786 at Holt. This family has lived in Holt, so they are not in the 1801 census. Is there anyone who has information about this family? Which children they have had? His profession? When and where did Lars Hermansen Smith died? Or his wife? Are there probate records? Thank you for answering. Mrs. R. Delpeut

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sølvi Arntzen

Lars Hermansen Smith was a merchant in Tvedestrand like his father Herman Smith who was born 1710 and died 1753 in Tvedestrand. His mother was Johanne Larsdatter, born in Dybedal, Tromøya. She remarried Lars Johansen, a manager at Nes verk. Herman Smith was son of merchant in Tvedestrand, Lars Smith, who came to Tvedestrand from Jylland, Denmark in 1725.Lars had a brother Jørgen Smith, merchant in Tvedestrand, born 1745 and died 1817. He was married four times and have many descendants.Anna Christina Bugge was christened 08.08.1758. I don't know the children of Lars and Anna Christina, but they had at least one daughter.Sources: 'Slegten Rynning og dens sidelinjer' by Fredrikke Waaler, 1918. 'Slægten Bugge i Danmark og Norge' by P.C.Bondesen, 1909. 'Grimstadslægter' by J. Landgraff, 1892.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest R.  Delpeut

That's wonderful to know. Thank you very much! And thanks for looking in literature. I am also very happy with the references of the literature. I will try to read these myself. It is a great pity that Holt is not in the 1801 census. But this debate forum saves a lot! R. Delpeut

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest helmin kvennodd

hei!! I looked up in Holt Bygdebok on page 116, here i found Herman Smith and Lars Johansen as Nes Verk`s administrators in Tvedestrand. Herman from 1738 - 1753 and Lars Johansen from 1753 -1775. helmin from brevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest R.  Delpeut

Hi Helmin, that's very interesting, that they have both been administrators at the same verk. So Lars Johansen followed him (Herman)up. And probably Lars died in 1775? Is Lars Hermansen also mentioned in the book? I wonder if he also has been married twice? R. Delpeut

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øystein Stiansen

Hello! I don't think I have anything new to add to your questions other than the fact that the family Smith was a very important family in Tvedestrand in their time. They were considerable wealthy.They owned several ships, one of them was in fact called Herman Smith. One of my ancestors was once on board that particular vessel.Nes Verk was one of the most important iron smelter factories in Norway in it's time. Today, it is partly a museum and partly a golf course (apparently a very beautiful one).It really is a shame that the 1801 census for Holt is missing, as it includes most of my own familiy's genealogy at the time.Ik zou misschien in het Nederlands tegen U schrijven, maar dat vind ik een beetje onbeschaft tegen de andere menschen... :)Groetjes, Oystein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest helmin kvennodd

Hi !!! I can`t find anything about Lars Hermansen in the book, perhaps it is more about him in the book from Dybvåg. Here is a little history from Holt Bygdebok, this is about Lars Smith. He was once sendt to the minister(in church),Gjert Faye, to borrow money for the owner of Nes Verk, Ulrich Schnell, without security, but the minister said no. But Lars, you can borrow 100 riksdaler on your honest face,said the minister. helmin from brevik.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest R.  Delpeut

Hi!!! Well, nice these reactions! Thanks for looking again in the bygdebok. I had the intention to buy the bygdebok from Holt, but if there is no more information about Lars Smith, I must go for the other one of Dybvag. Very amusing that Lars could borrow these 100 riksdaler on his honest face! Well, he was a merchant, was n't he? I suppose that he was very smart with people, but he may not have been very reliable and trustworthy. I am surprised that these people have been so wealthy! I suppose they did well with money, but so extremely rich??? Heel erg bedankt voor uw reactie! Erg knap dat u nederlands spreekt!! Yes it is a pity that Holt is not in the 1801 census. Not really a shame! The digital arkivet in Norway is one of the most advanced internet sites. The setup is very cleaver and extremely friendly to use! I have already enjoyed it so much and I have found so many people back in Norway. Thanks to the digital arkivet, at home behind the computer, at my own desk! And the 1801 census gives a very good illustration of how people have lived, their professions, the namingpattern, the names of the farms etc. in a very complete way. Thank you all very much for your answers. R. Delpeut

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.