Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#16548] Looking for merchant ship 'Primus' that visited Drammen in 1905-1910

Gjest Chris Nilsen
 Del

Gjest Chris Nilsen

My ancestor joined the crew of a merchant ship named the 'Primus' sometime between 1905 and 1910.He was living in Drammen at the time. I assume he joined the crew whilst this ship was in port in Drammen.It was a German registered 3 masted steel barque.How can I find the date that this ship was in port in Drammen?Are these records held anywhere in Norway?Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.Chris Nilsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gry Vibeke Ertvaag

Hello Chris! I'm sorry I'm not able to answer your question. Instead, I have a question for you. I've unsuccesfully been trying to find Johan Olsen, who emigrated from Drammen before or shortly after 1900. He probably left for USA, but why not Australia? Have you come across this name? This is a long shot, I know.By the way, if you provide your ancestors name, you might receive more help than you expect. It's amazing what some people in this forum can come up with. Best of luck, Gry Vibeke.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Nilsen

Dear Gry,If you would like to give me some more details of your Johan Olsen I can either look for him in Australia for you or give you some websites where you can look for him yourself.Did he marry outside of Norway?My ancestor was Nils Nilsen. I have traced his lineage back to around 1745 in Drammen with his ancestor, Torsten Gulbrandsen. I am now having great difficulty finding a birth record for Torsten Gulbrandsen. I have his marriage, and his listing on the 1801 census. But I cannot find his birth record.Chris.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.