Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#16799] Jon Nilsen From Årdal b. 1803

Gjest Larry Norstedt
 Del

Gjest Larry Norstedt

I am trying to find the parents and ancesters of my great great grandfather Jon Nilsen. He is in the 1865 census of Vikedal prestegjeld Imsland sogn. He lists his birthplace as Hjelmelands Prgj. He married Apelonne Johndatter in 1839 in Årdal. He was living on a farm named Mælsosen when his first two children were born. His wife Apelonne was likely from Vigmostad Vest Agder.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Tove Tjøstheim Eek

According the farm history book for Årdal , farm called Nedre mæle ( lover Mele ) sub farm ; Melsosen nr .131 Jone Nilsen b at the farm Viglesdalen, Årdal in 1801 ,married 1839 to Apelone Jonsdatter b 1809 in Valle parish Agder,moved to Melsosen from Stavanger in 1839 . Children born at Melsosen ; Nils b 1839,died 1840, Åse Tomine( daug) b 1841 . Jone Nilsen was shoemaker and the family moved to Imsland 1844. Due to other demanding plans for the after noon, more info will follow soon.Or you can send me an email.tovt-eik@online.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Storaker

Appelone Jonsdatter, born 7 Jan 1809, on Seland in the hills east of Vigmostad church: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=Dp10281726&variabel=0&postnr=12382&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeIn the 1801 census the farm is called Flogeseland, - to keep it apart from other Seland farms: LenkeIt looks like the the brothers Joen and Torgie have two elder brothers by name Joen and Torgius! And the eldest Joen Salvesen is the father of Appelone. He is on Giskedal in Sør-Audnedal (Valle) parish in 1801:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Storaker

She is not easy to locate.The bygdebok of Sør-Audnedal, Giskedal farm on page 410, tells that in 1728 Aanen Giskedal was renting the farm, and the same year Guttor Aanensen was married to Berte Ouensdatter.On LDS IGI I find a baptizm of a child: GIAEST GUTTOR Christening: 13 MAR 1729 Valle, Vest-Agder, Father: GUTTOR AAENSSON Mother: BERTHE OUVENSDRThey probably would name one son Aanen. And in Fjotland parish, much further west, I find this:AANON GUTTORSEN Spouse: INGEBOR AANONSDR Marriage: 28 DEC 1781 Fjotland, Vest-Agder,AASA AANENSEN Christening: 05 JAN 1783 Fjotland, Vest-Agder, Father: AANON GUTTORSEN Mother: INGEBOR AANONSDRPerhaps this is the right Aase.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove Tjøstheim Eek

Parents and grandparents of Jone Nilson Farm, Viglesdalen, Årdal Nils Jonson b 1772, died 1809 at the farm Tengesdal, Årdal , married 1799 Torborg Jonsdatter Tengesdal b 1777. Parents of Nils ; Jon Nilsen b ca 1750 (at Viglesdal, ), died 1830 at Viglesdalen, married 1771 to Gunvor Knutsdatter Viglesdalen b. 1750, died 1830Parents of Jon ; Nils Jonson b ca 1713 , died 1805 , wifesname not known . Parents of Gunvor ; Knut Salveson , wife Anna Andersdatter , first child b 1722 , family living at Viglesdalen 1758 . Parents of Torborg Jonsdatter ; Jon Bergeson b 1744 died 1800 at the farm Tengesdal, Årdal maried 1764 to Astri Olsdatter .b 1738 , died 1817 at Tengesdal . I do hope you get some info from the above . Tove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Larry Norstedt

Thank you both Tove and Harald. The third child of Jon and Apelonne, Karen, was my great grandmother, she was married to Tjærend Zacariasen who was born on the Blikra farm in Vats. This farm had various spellings Blegre, Blekre, Blikre. My grand father Nils was born in Imsland and came to America in 1890. He along with his siblings Ole, Anton, Anna, and Alida used the name Blikre. In fact all of the Blikre in the US SSDI are there decendants or spouses. Their oldest brother Jacob used the name Imsland as did their uncle, Karen's brother Nils. Their youngest brother Tjeran went to England and we have lost track of him although I remember my grandfather getting a letter from him in the 1950s. The history of how the name Nils came to be important in our family was unknown until yesterday. I have a brother and a cousin named Nels. There are still many mysteries in this family line. I also had found the Aase Aanensdatter in Fjotland but cannot find any other children of Aanen Gutormsen or him in the 1801 telling. I agree that her mother was likely named Ingebor. When did she die? In the burials in Vigmostad database there is a wife of John Salvesen who died in 1815 named Inger Marie Aanensdatter. What is the meaning of the word Floge as in Floge Seland? I can't find it in my dictionary. For what reason did Apelonne go to Årdal? Was there some family connection between Årdal and Vigmostad ? Did Jon Nilsen have any siblings? My grandfather had a second cousin born around 1867 named Anton Skaar. My grand father had a first cousin named Andrew Bokn born around 1890. Was the Tomine Johnsdatter in the 1900 telling of Bokn Lille in Fister the Aase Thomine born in Årdal in 1841? My grandfathers uncle, Nils Johnsen Imsland had two daughters: Anna who married Ole Blikre and Serine who was my grandfather's first wife. His wife was named Martha and we have no knowledge of her family. They came to America in 1882. Apelonne and Jon had a child named John of whom we have no knowledge. In the 1865 telling of Skudenæs there is a baker named Tobias Johnsen from Vigmostad who is the right age to be Apelonne's brother and he has an apprentice Johannes Johnsen from Vigedal who is the right age to be this John. Some of these questions may never be answered. Thanks again for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove Tjøstheim Eek

Jone Nilson is registred as moved to the garnison ( military)in Kristiansand 1830.1844 shoemaker Jone Nilson and Abelone Jonsdatter moves to Imsland . Proberly he is the Jone Nilson who had the child Malena with Brita Andersdatter Sedberg. Malena married Jone Jonson ,they lived as tenants at Viglesdalen for short periode and had the child ( son ) Orm b 1847. No records of them after that. Sibling to Jone ; Gunvor b 1808 .She had the child Nils b 1828 with Knut Knutsen Driftland .She moved to Finnøy in 1834 with the child . After his father died , his mother Torborg Jonsdatter remarried Torgeir Kristoffersen Livastølin 1810, and had theese children ; Nils b 1811, Helga b 1815, Kristoffer b 1819 ,he drowned at the waterfall Hia fossen 1833. Mother and stepfather died in 1822. Tove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove Tjøstheim Eek

I do belive that the Tomine at Bokn Lille in 1900 is the Åse Tomine b 1841 in Årdal. The farm history of Bokn Lille calls her Åse Tomine Jonsdatter b 1841 in Imsland . She married I 1874 the widower Guttorm Guttormsen b 1836 -1880 their children ; Guttorm b 1874 -d. 1884, Johannes b 1877 (married 6 children), Guttormine b 1880 II marriage in 1889 to Helmik Nilson b 1861 d. 1930 Child ; Guttorm b 1890, moved to Amerika , farmer in Dakota . Tove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.