Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#16949] Utvandret til Illiniois i 1912, men hvor ble de av?

Gjest Solfrid Vestaberg Ormøy
 Del

My email adress is: solfrid@vestaberg.no. I am very interested in the marriage certificate you have found between THeoline and Wladimar. Is there any information about birth and birthplace?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Vell, if correct, she is an irish insect? i must not yoke about names..i know that, don't i? hmm... must be a loose troll... In the 1920 is Frieda Omoth, 27wd/t625/339/page 7; 21 years, born Norway, to us 1912; living at 4258 North Whipple, working as a filing clerk at a mail order company; and lives with Andrew Olsen, to us 1893, from the 1900 i learn he is born oct 1875 and has a brother born oct 1868--Carl J. Olsen. Andrew is a cabinet maker. I hope someone can link these to prove her correct/incorrect. She is a niece, unless i find more info, this family relationship is the only fact i have to 'prove' this is the right one. Tormond Olsen is in the 1910, 23 years, to us 1904?, tailor, at 1436 N. Maplewood Av. I plan to do some city book lookups and some 1930 census searching later this week on these and other possibles..in 1920 a Tom Olson, house painter, age 35, might be Tormod, like his brother; are you able to view the census records online? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You have found the right Elfrida and I do think that Andrew Olsen his her uncle Ole Andreas Olsen b: 17.02.1874. He emigrated to USA 27 Jul 1893. But I can't find him in Ellis Island. In Norway he was a carpenter. Where (state) did you find Andrew and his brother Carl J in 1900.Alida Olsen travelled with Elfrida Olsen Aamodt in 1912. I don't find Alida in 1920 census, So she probably died in Cook, Chicago between maybe 1913-1920. Is there any record to check that out?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Found in Chicago. So far, no Alida. But there is info on Andrew and wife Anna, with 5 kids; and Carl J and wife Nora, and at least 2 kids; Andrew married 17 Mar 1906--see family search--i will look for the actual cert for both; we much need the IL marr index for the 1920's--but that is not yet public! I will search for obits online; i expect to find living family-but it will take a lucky break--of the 7 kids found so far, 6 are girls--but perhaps the Andrew O. born ca 1910 marries Ruth of New Jersey; in the 1930 census, so maybe i can follow that line(i need to revisit that-so hold on). Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...

Roger: I have problem finding Elfrida's exact birth date here in Norway. If Elfrida was borned 1899 and emigrated to Illinois in 1912, she wouldn't have been confirmed in Norway. Is there any chance that she got confirmed in Illinois? She belonged to the Lutheran State Church.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Yes, might have been a Norwegian speaking Lutheran church; you might ask ELCA for help, but there are many 'flavors' of Lutherans and related denom's and finding records is an uff. ELCA has a website; try asking Joel Thorsen for suggestions. I can look at some film for Alida; there is a tiny chance of matching the 1920 address-but i doubt it. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.