Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#16985] Arnt Erickson - Elsie Olson

Gjest Andrew Peterson
 Del

Gjest Andrew Peterson

I am looking for ancestral information for:Arnt Erickson b Hedmark his wife Elsie Olson b. Norwayparents of:Emma Erickson b.Sept 3, 1880and four sisters.Thanks in advance,Andrew

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

This could be the right couple even if the wife's surname is not correct, but it's just a wild guess. LenkeIt would help if you can list all info you have about these persons i.e. age, place of birth etc. The name and age of Emma's sisters would also help.There are around 10 Arntsdtr (daughters) of the right age in that area.Did they emigrate? In that case when? Maybe they should not be in the 1900 census.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

If you folks emigrated from Norway, do you know when? And, where did they settle in the us? Their ages?Where would they be in the 1900-census? In Norway or in the States? Laila in Norway

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Thank you.The 5 daughters of Arnt Erickson b. Hedmark and Elsie Olson b. Norway are:Nina Helen Emma (great-grandmother) Anna Berta?Those may be Americanized names. She married Andreas Pedersen b. Norway about 1872 (known as Andrew Peterson) in 1898 in Norway. Andrew and Emma Peterson, and three of Emma's sisters all emigrated to the US together about 1899. I did not find them in Ellis Island database but Andrew Peterson was a naturalized citizen by then. They settled in Iowa, then Minnesota and Illinois. They had 12 children, my grandfather was third oldest.Andrew

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Sorry for the confusing post.Emma Erickson b. Sept 3, 1880 Hedmark Married Andrew Peterson 1898 Norway/Sweden Andreas Pedersen b. 1872 (unknown), Norway Emigrated to US 1899. Emma was about 18 plus three older sisters. Youngest (Anna?) stayed in Norway.Sisters oldest: Nina Helen Berta? Emma Anna youngestNot sure of birth order. Assume they were all born in Hedmark.Thanks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Well, I don't know... I get a lot of error messages on DAs Brukerforum these days. 'feil i hovudløkka' osv.I got my own messages, so the window was not 'old...' strange, maybe I am turning blind... :)I will wait now, till Hans sees this messages. Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Wow! Everyone, thank you! I have a few questions. What is the relationship of the child Harald Oskarsen .b1897 in the 1900 census? Is this the son of one of the daughters? Helene maybe? And who is Lars Knuds Eikens who shows in 1902? What is the nature of the 1902 document? Did the family move from Hedmark to Oslo at this point? Many thanks, Andrew

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I think you should be able to translate 'emigranter' to 'Emigrants'...here is the english version of the emigrant protocol: LenkeThe other persons dont have anything to do with your family, I think

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Thanks, Laila. I had no idea the parents emigrated to the US also. We thought they stayed in Norway. This is all news to us! Now I will look for them in the US census. One question, if Harald Oskarsen has nothing to do with the family, then why does he also show up in the 1900 census with Arst, Elsie and Anna?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Laila, well I must say that is VERY close to where his daughter's family was in Mason City, Iowa, from 1899-1909, however, I'm concerned that Elise Magnusson and Elsie Olson are the same person. Up to now we assumed the parents stayed in Norway. My mother visited their grandchildren over there. Possibly they moved back. Emma Erickson's death certificate says her mother was Elsie Olson. Is there a way to verify the marriage of Arnt Erickson and Elsie? Do they appear in the 1875 census? I believe their eldest daughter Nina was probably born about that time. Finally, I am assuming Oscar is an illegitimate child of one of the daughters.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

They were going to A. Pedersen in Leland, 'Brother in law'... might be the wrong family after all. But then, A. Pedersen is the right name also. To many coinsidences .. dont you think? I think this is the right family.Lenkethen, go to the original manifest, they were going to

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Another thing, who signed the death-cert.? Did that person know Emmas mother? He might be mistaken on her name. OR her fathers name was Magnus Olsen.. that is the right name-tradition in Norway. She was a Magnus Daughter. Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Laila, you nailed it! Thanks! Emma's husband Andrew signed the death certificate but that was 40 years later and was giving the American name. The A. Pedersen on the manifest clinches it! Can't thank you enough.-Andrew

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Well, for Elise, A. Pedersen would be her son-in-law, but Ellis Island records are always off. He WOULD be brother-in-law to Anna or Helene. Or maybe it was language issue. I noticed Arnt was spelled 'Arndt' on the manifest. Tonight I will check the 1900 census and see if I can find Andrew Pedersen, Emma, and son in Leland, Iowa. I have them in 1910, 1920, and 1930, but didn't know where they were in 1900. I do now.I haven't been able to find Andrew Pedersen, Emma, or the other 3 sisters emigration. The 1910 census says they came in 1899. Any luck there?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

I think I've found Emma and Anders leaving in 1898 together with two of his brothers (?)LenkeHelgøen is a farm in Nes Hedemark so that fits together with their age and also Anders being an American citizen. So Anders could also have been born at Nes.Counting the sisters Emma left in 1898, Anna and Helene in 1902 so you still miss Nina and Berta.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.