Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17002] Andreas-Anders Pedersen - Hedmark?

Gjest Andrew Peterson
 Del

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Heidi, thanks for replying. Lets see, Andreas-Anders Pedersen had a sister Lena Bredeson (after marriage) and he had a brother John. Andrew married Emma Arntsdatter, b. Sept 3, 1880. She was from Nes, Hedmark, so maybe he was too. That might be a lead. They were married in about 1898 in Norway, first son born in US April 1899. They had 12 children. I don't know where Andrew emigrated to when he first came to the US in 1890, so I havent been able to locate his naturalization papers. Then he went back to Norway as a US citizen before he married Emma. Andrew outlived his wife, so when he died at age 80, the informant didn't know about his past in Norway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Else Kari Vilhelmsen

Hi Andrew, The following is found in a book called 'Nes og Helgøya -utvandring' Utvandring=emigration,written by Nes historielag.Emigrants from Nes: 1898 15/7 with Montebello: Anders Pedersen 25 years,farmworker,Amerika. Ticket to Boston,Mass.(Home on visit,brings back wife and to brothers,parents were living as husmenn in Tangen under Hovelsrud,Nes Hedemark) Emma Pedersen 18 years(Helgøen)wife ticket to Boston. Johan Pedersen 17 years (Helgøen)hmd.son.Ticket to Boston. Emil Pedersen 19 years. hmd.son.Ticket to Boston.I`m sorry but I can`t remember the english name for 'husmand' hmd.son=husmandssønn,I guess there is someone out there who can help us.Else Kari

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

I will also put in subject 16998 here, maybe we after a while gets only one or two subjects on this family :)Andrew and Emma lived in Newton Twp in Winnebago Co. in 1900. census was taken June 14th, 1900Andrew was born april 1873, 27 yrs last birthday, born in Norway, married 2 yrs. immigrated 1890 Farmer.Emma was born sept. 1879, 20 yrs last birthday, born in Norway, married 2 yrs, unknown imm.yr.Frank, son, born apr. 1899 1 yr last birthday, born in Iowa, both parents born in Norway.------------------------Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Heidi! Maybe you can help me make a link to were Andrew can find Anders parents in 1900?They are under Taangen Nes Hedemark.And perhaps you could make a link to the 1865 'telling'. They are still under Hovelsrud gnr.3. His father is a widower and his mother is a servant on the farm.Im a little bit 'klønete' with this links. :) Else Kari

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Thank you everyone! This is all great stuff! So Andrew brought his wife two brothers, Johan 17, and Emil 19, with him the to Boston. Of course this leads me to more questions.Are there any parish records on the birthdate/christening for Anders Pedersen and his siblings? Also, I don't understand how the connection was made to Ander's parents, shown in linked document for 1900 census, since Anders is not in the household.Where did the Pedersens come from what was the occupation of Ander's father?Many thanks, Andrew

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi again,As I wrote earlier the book of immigrants from Nes told us 'that his parents was crofters on a place called Tangen under the farm Hovelsrud'This farm lies on Helgøya in Nes parish.To be sure that this information is correct we have to check the churchbook.You will also find Anders and Emma`s marriage there. Unfortunatly I don`t have access to this for the moment.The family is probably mentioned in 'Nes bygdebok' that includes Helgøya. Hans Myhre is the man to help you here, if he got the time.Else Kari

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Does anyone have the first emigration of Anders Pedersen b. 1873? He originally came to the US in 1890, then went back to Norway to marry Emma Arntsdatter in 1898. Would like to know where in the US he was from 1890-1898. Perhaps with his brother Georg, who emigrated in 1895?And Emma's sister Mina Arntsdatter, b 1874 . I have her moving to Kristiania in 1892, then 'attest' in 1897. Lost her after that.TIA,Andrew

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Anders Pedersen first went to America 18/4 1890 with Angelo, he was 17 years and with him he had Emil Pedersen 11 years they had a ticket to Deerfield.So Emil is registered two times, but I dont think he went until 1898,when his brother came back on visit. His older brother Georg who went with the Juno 10/5 1885 also had a ticket to Deerfield.Else Kari

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Else,Thanks for the great info, but who is Angelo? Could it be a nickname for Ander's older brother Olaus? He would have 19 in 1890 and Anders 17. Emil would only be 10 in 1890.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Please do not respond to this thread any longer. At this point, I have all the information required. Thank you everyone for your efforts.Regards,Andrew

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.