Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17015] Johnsens from Imsland

Gjest Larry Norstedt
 Del

Gjest Larry Norstedt

I am looking for information on two sons of Jon Nilsen and Apelonne Johnsdatter.Nils Johnsen f.1845 married Martha. Who was Martha's family and where were they from? What children did they have?Johanes Johnsen f. 1849. What became of him?When did John and Apellone die?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

I can't help you with any of this, but maybe it would be helpful for others if the knew that this is from Vikedal in Rogaland. Here's the family in the 1865 census :LenkeRegards Kjellaug R.P.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

This could be Johannes's death record :This may be Johannes's deathLenkeI also found Nils Johnsen born on November 25, 1845 and christened on January 5, 1846 at Imsland, Rogaland. Parents Abelone Johnsdtr and John Nielsen. This was the copy of the church records on FS.Regards K.R.P.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

According to FamilySearch IGI Jon and Abelone first lived at Maelosen farm in Hjelmeland , Rogaland.And two children was born there.Aasa Thomine b.02.06.1841(june) and c.06.06.1841.They also had a son Niels b.18.08.1839 and c.08.09.1839.He most probably died young and they had another son named Niels in 1845.I cannot find any son Johannes.Regards Rune Thorstensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Larry Norstedt

Johanes is there. They spelled Abelone differantly. My great grandmother Karen is there also but that time Abelone has the wrong last name. There are a lot of error in the IGI church records of Imsland. Nels and Martha came to America in 1882 according according to Us Censi. I guess that what I need is the 1875 census of Vikedal to see if Nels and Martha were there.There is an error in the 1865 census about the birthplace of Abellone. At the suggestion of the DA, I contacted the regional archive in Stavanger and they confirmed that she was from Norde Undal. She was from Vigmostad. There is an entry in the 1865 census of Skudesnæs of a baker from Vigmostad named Tobias Johnsen who is the right age to be Abelonne's brother who has a apprentice named Johannes Johnsen born in Vigedal. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove Tjøstheim Eek

And if you look at 1900 census of Skudenes , you will find Tobias as widower there .But no track of Johannes .Maybe he left for USA too. Tove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.