Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17058] emigrant registry databases

Gjest Kjell Varnson
 Del

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Those two databases from the same port, Oslo and Kristiania are just two names on the same city.Try, and if you dont find what you are searching, ask us for help! We are search-champions!! Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

Only Olson and Hedmarken, no given name and no age? This search is a very tiny needle in a very big haystack! The only little fact here is Olsen and Hedmarken, which must be the area around Stange, Hamar, Vang, Furnes, Ringasker, Brøttum, Veldre and Næs, perhaps Løten too, but still a big problem because the name Olsen, a very common name. I think you have to do more research back in MN before we start here. Are you not able to get info about death, marriage or naturalization which could give us here more facts?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. CHristiansen

Kjell, I suggest you tell me what happened to the person in the states, where settled with whom and so on, I have access to the 1900-1910 census for the US.In 1900-census for Hedmark in Norway, there were 12307 people with the name Ols* so, as Hans say... needle in haystack for sure. Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Varnson

I realize this and as I said before, thats all I have. its easier for me to browse the out-migrant db, knowing the possible associations of my family, than to instruct others as to what query parameters they might try. so from previous message I am to understand that metropolitan area of oslo has two ports, listed in db as oslo and kristiania, where emigrants departed between the listed dates. so not knowing which out-migrant db a person from hidmarken would register to, I will browse them all.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

OK Kjell go ahead. Those two db emigrants from Oslo/Christiania/Kristiania on the digitalarchive is not accurat, many people are missing there so you do not have a chance to find what you are looking for if you not have any more data on the person! I know the Hedmarken area well and have an emigration db from part of the area. I cannot understand that you are searching family and does not have an idead of the given name, age ....?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

Eh, in Norway? Search Census 1900 you can find all Karl Kristiansen who are married before 1900 but after 1900 we need more info. A new needle in a haystack. Did Karl Kristiansen emigrate to USA? After marriage with wife and children? Then the needle is bigger and the haystack smaller.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.