Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17066] Emigrant Trondheim

Gjest Kay Yates
 Del

I am searching for John L Steen B 24 July 1850 Norway unknown wife Oline J Throsset B 28 Nov 1852 and 2 dau Mary Othella B 4 Nov 1876 and Laura B 17 Sept 1879. It was told they left from the Port of Trondheim 1881 came to Mn. Is there any chance of finding them in Norway? Thankyou for your response. Kay

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

I have tried searching 'Emigrants from Trondheim' for some time but I could not find any suitable family Steen/Sten/Stene or anything containing it, thinking that they may have changed their name somewhat upon arrival in the US. I think the family most probably used the same family name when emigrating, and they may have used his patronym. John L. Steen - what does the L. stand for? Could it be Larsen?? I did find an Oline Larsen aged 28, Marie 4, Laura 2 leaving in 1882 with destination Benven MINN. John was not there but he may have left earlier.If you think this may be of interest I could give you a link to 'Emigrants from Trondheim'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Einar Aasprong

Oline and her children left for Benson, Mn. in 1882 and Jon L. Steen in 1883. Another family, which emigrated with the same destination in 1883 was Ole Andreas L. Sten, his wife Berntine Sten and their son Peter L. Sten.LenkeIn each case the ticket is payed in America if I my understanding of the record is correct.mvh EAa

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

Another candidate for Johan is [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f61714&variabel=0&postnr=2388&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeOle Andreas could be the one living on one of the neighbour farms with his widow mother and sister LenkeSo what about the name Steen? To complicate it even more there is a farm Stenen with the owner Lars and some (?) family.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

New info John L Steen father Lars Halvardsen B 1811mother Olianna Johnsdtr Forbordsten B 1827. Yes will need birth records to sort out.father of Lars Halvar Johansen no birth date Father of Olianna John Mahlaaronning. The census Mn is right John B 1850 is ours, I appreciate your help so much Thankyou. Kay

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

There is also another interesting thing in Tore's second link (no 9). This Lornts Larsen aged 2 could be the same as the Lornts Lars. aged 18 who emigrated in 1882 (see link in no 6) together with Oline and her two daughters. There is even an Olianna Johns. 50 and a widower emigrating - but her age does not seem to fit with her being 39 in 1865.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This has to be the family 1865 Olianna 39 B 1827 Tor posted. Her husband gone ??? but she has a 2 year old In Benson,Swift Falls Co Mn History says John L has brother Lawrence Martin Do you have christening records or other records to prove this family? That must be Lornts M for Martin. Wonder what happened to her husband. What is the location of this family besides nedre Strodalen. I am so thrilled to find this. Kay

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

Go to http://ngis2.statkart.no/ng2/ng2.html and click the UK flag.Click Placename and enter Drogs* (abbriviated farm name) in Search for ...Select one of the Drogs* in Stjørdal and it will be marked on the map. Make another search and select another ... You can use Zoom - to get a better overview.This area is located 45 mins drive north-east of Trondheim. The actual house is probably none of the three on the map but it is/has been connected to one of these. You might also locate Forbordfjellet (mountain) on the map. Oleanna's farm name is therefore from the same area.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Kay Yates

Thankyou so much for your help Tor. Im sure Olianna Johnsdtr is Lars Halvardsen's widow and mother of John Larssen that came to America 1881 and 1882. Do you have access to records that would tell about Lars when he died who is parents are possibley in a church record. 1865 Olianna is a widow in Swift Co MN historical record tells Olianna's father John Mehlasronning and Lars Halvsrdsen father as Halvor Johansen no dates or places for them I am asumming they all came from Stordalen Nedre or Ovre Stordalen. Can you tell me more ? Thanks to all of you helping me

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.