Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17284] How do I find out if a person has been in multiple marriages?

Gjest Meg Lambalot
 Del

Gjest Meg Lambalot

In the 1865 census for Gran, Oppland - Framstadtangen farm - there is an Anders Jakobsen, age 62 married to Inger Syversdatter, age 42. I think she is his second wife. I think he is the same Anders Jacobsen that married Kjesti Brynildsdatter in 1834 (they had also lived on a Framstad farm), but how do I find out. I've noticed that some times the censuses will indicate if a person has been married more than once, but not in this case.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Harald Haug

Only the 1801 census gives information about how many times a person has been married. Hence you have to study another sources (mainly the parish registers) if you want such information about people living after 1801.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

If the census doesn't tell if a person had been married before, the basic sources are the church records, marriage and death records to verify the deceased spouse.However, in this case there are, in fact, several ways to get around the problem and find the desired info from the available sources:The database 'Christenings in Gran' found here in the Digital Archive, show that until 1846, the name of Anders Jacobsen Framstad's wife was Kjersti Brynildsdatter. The name of the child born in 1846 (Kjersti) indicates that the mother might have died from complications.Then, from Familysearch (IGI) you can extract Anders Jacobsen's two marriages: (1) Dec.8, 1834 to Kiersti Brynildsdatter and (2) May 8, 1849 to Inger Syversdatter.The IGI record also give years of birth and death for Kiersti Brynildsdatter (1797 and 1847, resp.) and names of parents (Brynild Pedersen Framstad and Kirsti Olsdatter). Im sure you can find them in the 1801 census.Regards Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.