Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17397] Johan Olofsson Pajari

Gjest Mausey Hagen
 Del

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Johan Olofsson Pajari was born 6 Dec 1820 in Lapinjemi Finland. He died 1867 in Norjassa, Norway. He was a widower at the time of his death and left behind 8 young sons. When the boys were old enough they all immigrated to Vadso, Norway.Can anyone tell me where Norjassa is located in Norway and is it possible to find out the date Johan died?Thanks to anyone that can answer these questions for me.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I belive Norjassa = Nordreisa. I searched for Norjassa and got information about Nordreisa. It was a map and some pictures, and some of it was in english.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Bråten

Hi! I don't know what your source is, but the word Norjassa is finnish and means 'in Norway'. Nordreisa in finnish is Raisi. So you probably need more information to find out where in Norway. Arne Bråten

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Arne,Thank you for letting me know the meaning of the word 'Norjassa'. The only information I had is that he died in --1867 Norjassa (Norway)--. Does anyone know how I would be able to find out where in Norway that this happened. I only know that his children were in Finland so I am assuming that he probably died in the Northern part of Norway. His wife, Frederica, had died in 1861 in Lappi Province, Finland so he may have left the children with others while he found work.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

There was a great hunger in Finland in the eighteensixties. Many fathers/sons from northern parts of Finland went to Norway to find work (fishing) and food (two of my ancestors included). They were called 'kvens' in Norway.There is a 'Kven'-page together with a query page at this address: [url="http://home.powertech.no/arnelu/eng_findex.htm>http://home.powertech.no/arnelu/eng_findex.htmOr you may just as well put a question at this page (covering Finnmark):

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Svanhild,Thanks so much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.Also, thanks to everyone for helping me in my search.Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 år senere...
Gjest Mausey Hagen

Hello,I have a cousin who going to Norway this coming Spring and would like to visit his great-great grandfather's grave, but is not sure where it would be located.This is the latest information that I have. Johan Olofson Pajari died 21 Aug 1867 and was buried 4 Sep 1867 I think in Varanger, Vadso Parish, Finnmark, Norway. Is there anyway I can verify this and is there anymore that he can cannot before he arrives so that he would be going to the correct cemetery? There doesn't seem to be any Parish records for this year on the internet. I found the information on the web-site given to me by Svanhild in September 2003. http://home.no.net/~tballo.Thanks Mausey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.