Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17434] Stavanger Area Help (Hage Tananger?)

Gjest Seidi Albertsen
 Del

Gjest Seidi Albertsen

My father , HARALD HERMAN MADSEN (MATSON) b. 27 Nov. 1907, was born in Norway and lived there until he was approx. 12 yrs. old (to ca. 1919) when the family moved to Denmark.He talked about they lived at 'Hage Tananger, pr. Stavanger' (?)His parents were: NIELS CHRISTIAN MADSEN (NELS CHR. MATSON) b. 1852 and ELSE (ANDERSEN) MADSEN b. 1881 both born in Denmark. They had moved to Norway FROM USA ca. 1903.I have no records of their marriage, his birth or their stay in Norway (approx. 16 years).Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.Seidi Albertsen Washington, USA

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Seidi Albertsen

Thank you, Harald, for your suggestion. I will look into these websites.There must be some records somewhere of this family. The children, 2 boys, Harald and Noman? Madsen (Matson) would have gone to school.Their father, Nels Chr. Matson (Niels Madsen) was a farmer so he owned a farm somewhere.But I am new at searching in Norway so don't know where to go for this info. so am very thankful for help and suggestions.The story goes that after World War I all the people who were not born in Norway were asked to leave the country and go back to their home countries because there wasn't enough food to feed everyone. I don't know if this is true.Again thank you for responding Seidi Albertsen, USA

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

Tananger is a farm in Haaland parish, not too far from Stavanger. I looked through the 239 people living at the farm (with subfarms) in 1900-census: LenkeBut I can`t see a good match for Nils Chr. Madsen. Keep in mind that he may not have owned the farm, but farmed the land - and moved to Tananger after the 1900-census was taken.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Seidi Albertsen

Thank you very much, Heidi. This is really interesting - a farm named Tananger. I thought it would be a village.He was still in USA in 1903 and was selling his farm then in Iowa, so he wouldn't be in the 1900 Census in Norway and I understand the 1910 Census is still closed. I hope I don't have to wait 7 years to find some info on this family . . . Thank you again for responding. Seidi

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Seidi Albertsen

Thank you, Eva, for the info. You are not too far away -. I am in Yakima . . .I have hit a brick wall with this family but they must have left some records behind somewhere.Have a great day Seidi

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.