Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17439] Verdal, Norway 1878 birth records

Gjest Kurt Magnus Ahlmark
 Del

Hello Norway,My name is Kurt Magnus Ahlmark I am trying to confirm the birth of my Grandfather who I knew as Magnus Olof Ahlmark. He was said to have been born in 1878 in Verdal, Norway. His mother was born in Alsen, Sweden. Her name is Brita Olofsdotter(alternate spelling Olsdotter). She may or may not have Ahlmark at the end of her name. My father's birth record may list him in any of the following ways: Magnus Olof Ahlmark Magnus Olof Olofsdotter Ahlmark Magnus Olof Olsdotter Ahlmark Magnus Olof Ersson Magnus Olof Erikson Magnus Olof Ersson Ahlmark Magnus Olof ErssonWhew!Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Kurt Magnus Ahlmark (Gator)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Here he is: LenkeHe is born 03-JUN-1878, christened 21-JUL-1878. Father is Erik Valne, residence is Maritvold Øren (Øren is a place in Verdal), mother is Brita Olofsdtr. The note to the right says: Daabsatt. Sverige 28.12.1879 (christenedrecord Sweden 28-DEC-1879)Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

And he arrived on Ellis Island with the ship 'Hellig Olav' on May 18th, 1903. LenkeDestination is cousin Margaret Bergmand, Minneapolis.Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Kurt Magnus Ahlmark (Gator) back again,Wow that was fast! Thank you Jan Wiborg. Does that record list his name as Magnus Olof Ersson or as Magnus Olof Erikson? If not, how does it record the name of the child? Was Erik Valne born in Norway or was he perhaps a Swede working in Norway?At this point I am so confused by all the information that I have from Sweden and Norway that I don't even know if I am of Swedish or Norwegian heritage. How in the world do Swedes keep family linages straight with such a cavalier respect for family names and family trees!Thank you again Jan W. for your help.Kurt Magnus Ahlmark (Gator)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Click on 'Lenke' in the previous posts, and you will see how he is listed. The christening record says just first name Magnus Olof. The emigration records says Magnus Olof Ahlmark.Here are some interesting death records from Verdal: Erik [Persson] Valne: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=Dodsreg&variabel=0&postnr=6773&fulle=true&spraak=e>Lenke Erik is born in Valne, Alsen, Jämtland county, Sweden. There is one Anne Marta Valne Lenke and Oluf Valne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Hi again, in the emigration records, Magnus Oluf Ahlmark was listed as swede. And the family in not listed in the norw. censuses from Verdal.But I found them in the swedish 1890-census for Jämtland county! :-) LenkeThey are living in the city of 'Walne', Alsen, Jämtland county.People in the household: Jonas Grelsson b. 1845Brita Olofsdotter b. 1853Magnus Olof Ersson b. 1878. SonPer Olaus Ersson b. 1880. SonBrita Olofsdotter b. 1867 StepdaughterBrita is now married to Jonas Grelsson.I'm sorry to say, but I think you're of swedish heritage... :-)Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Erson and Erikson is the same name in Sweden. Just today I have been reading Swedish church-books and found a lot of 'Ole' Ersson, son of Erik 'Hansson'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Kurt Magnus Ahlmark (Gator) back again,Thank you Jan O.! You have supplied so much good information. You would make a great detective! It appears that my background in Norway may be deeper that I first thought. I am familiar with those records from Sweden that you sited. What do you make of it. It seems like I have a background with one foot in Norway and one foot in Sweden, at the same time!I am going to take a break today to try to digest all this information! Thanks again.Gator (KMA)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Kurt MA (Gator),Yup Laila, C. I am a Fighting Gator from the University of Florida (Bsc. Mathematics 1988). We are coming to you from Gator County! It is 82 degrees and overcast. UF just announced a new president, he is the current president of the University of Utah. He wears blue jeans and rides a Harley to work! Take care...Gator

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.