Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17466] VALNE, Erik who were his parents?

Gjest Kurt Magnus Ahlmark
 Del

I am trying to find out who Erik Valne's parents were. Erik Valne was born about 1846 probably in or around Verdal, Norway. Thanks to Jan Wiborg and some hunting I did, I think I have information on generations down the line, but I am having difficulty discovering who Erik's parents were. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks from Gator Country!Kurt Magnus Ahlmark (Gator)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Kurt, why dont you accept the tremendous good information given by this swedish site? [url="http://genealogi.aland.net/discus/messages/2450/45797.html?1065728622>LenkeI would say that there is no doubt that this Erik Månsson is his father. He later prob. took the name Valne due to the place he is from; Valne in Alsen in Jämtland county, a few miles west of the city of Östersund. Since his mother was married again in the 1890-census for Jämtland, it fits that the farmer Erik Månsson died 12 August 1885. Alsen is not far from Verdal, and in those days there was many traders crossing this border to sell 'stuff', and this Erik Valne is noted as trader in the birth records for Verdal.There is a confusion about the birthplace, but he might be born in Verdal, and christened in Alsen, or vice versa...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Jan Wiborg, this is Kurt Ahlmark again. Jan, I do indeed accept the information from the Swedish site. However, I have seen the birth information for Magnus Olof Valne (Ahlmark) in 1878, and his father is Erik Valne. His birth place is Verdal, Norway. Erik Valne was residing in Verdal at this earlier data, as well. I have found other documentaion for Valne (family name) in Verdal in history as well. I think we may be going in the wrong direction. It may be that Erik is a Norwegian who moved to Sweden. Notice that the place of birth for Erik Mansson (Valne) is conspicuously absent in data provided by Swedish site. I am trying to find out who his, Erik Valne's, parents were. What do you think? Thanks!Kurt from Gator Country,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

I¨m quite sure he is swedish. Erik Månsson died 12 August 1885, at the age of 38 years, 11 months, 17 days. He was lacking 13 days to become 39, so date of birth should then be ca. 25 AUG 1846.Dates could be inaccurate, so here is two possibilities:ERIC MANSSON Birth: 10 AUG 1845, Christening: 21 DEC 1845 Alsen, Jamtland, Sweden Father: MANS ERSSON Mother: SIGRID JONSDR [url="http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/IGI/individual_record.asp?recid=700138168088&lds=1®ion=17®ionfriendly=Sweden&frompage=99>Lenke LenkeERIC MANSSON Christening: 30 AUG 1846 Alsen, Jamtland, Sweden Father: MANS OLOFSSON

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jan Wiborg I think you may have hit on something. They both seem like possibilities. The first has the right name but wrong birthdate, the second has the right birthyear but wrong name. One of them may be the one. Hopefully more research will bear out one of the possibilities. There is sufficient doubt that it would be wise to pursue all possibilities until they can be eliminated with certainty. Thanks for you valuable help!Kurt (Gator)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Janne Högdin

Erik Persson Valne b. 26.12.1803 in Valne, Alsen, Jämtland, Sweden, d. 30.04.1870 in Kjæran, Verdal, Norway and buried in Vinne, Verdal, NorwayFather: Farmer Per Eriksson b. 14.06.1774 and d. 11.12.1885 in Valne, AlsenMother: Brita Larsdotter b. 23.07.1778 in Tullus, Näskott, Jämtland and d. 31.01.1848 in Valne.I have some more about Erik Valne if you like!janne.jamt@telia.com Janne Högdin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Janne Högdin

Oh no, that was the wrong Erik Valne! I think Yuor 'businessman' Erik Valne, b. c 1846, also came from Valne, Sweden. The priest sent an 'attest' (certificate) to Sweden, so Erik and his wife Brita Olofsdotter came from there. In 1890 Brita and Magnus Olof are in Valne, Alsen, but Brita married to Jonas Grelsson b. 1845. So, Erik Valne died 1880-1890. Some time a will take a look at it! Janne Högdin/Östersund

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kurt Ahlmark

Thanks Janne Hogdin for independently confirming that Erik Valne, b. 1846 is my man. I know it thanks to the help of Jan Peter Wiborg. It was hard to arrive at that with name changes, and moving around. His real name is Eric Mansson and he was married to Brita Olofsdaughter. Thanks again!Kurt Ahlmark

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Janne Högdin

Yes, that´s right! 1880 Erik Månsson is farmer in Ede, Alsen. Brita, Magnus Olof and another son are there too. [Census 1880] Erik died in Ede, Alsen 12.08.1885, buried 16.08.1885 in Alsen. [Alsen, Död- och begravningsbok, C:4 pagina 84]. Janne Högdin, Östersund

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kurt Ahlmark

Thanks Janne Hogdin! I too have gone back 9 generations to Anders Olofsson born abt. 1600 in Alsen, Jamtland and died 1689. My source is in English and is from FamilySearch. But, I don't have any information on occupations or lives of any of these generations. It sure would be nice to have military backgrounds of these folks if they apply. Any information you can send would be greatly appreciated! Do you have any ideas on how to get any pre-1600 information? Thanks again Janne!Kurt Magnus Olofsson-Ahlmark (in Florida Gator Country)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.