Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17477] Tjerand Tjerandson TØTLAND

Gjest Mausey Hagen
 Del

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Tjerand Tjerandson TØTLAND was born 1836 at the Skiftun farm in Hjelmeland. He lived on the Tøtland farm and died in Norway. Tjerand and son Peter buy Moen at Meland in 1898-1899. Tjerand was the son of Tjerand Halvordson and Marta Nilsdatter. He married Borghild Olsdatter in 1861 in Hjelmeland.Borghild Olsdatter was born 1837 at the Fundingsland farm in Hjelmeland. She died in Norway. She was the daughter of Ola Henrikson and Åsa Johannsesdatter.They had at least 9 children. Their youngest child, Ola, born 1880, was my grandfather. He immigrated to the US in 1903 to join his brother Johan in Buxton, ND. He must have returned to Norway as he came back to the US again in 1907 (this time to his residence in Buxton). He married my grandmother in 1909.I was wondering if there was anyone that could help me in finding out when Ola's parents died. I thought perhaps that may be the reason he returned to Norway. I do show both of them on the 1900 census for Hjelmeland.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove Tjøstheim Eek

Hello , according the farmhistory book for Hjelmeland, Tøtland farm ; the children was ; Åsa (d )b 1862 , Tjerand (s)1863, Ola( s)1866, -USA, Marta (d , twin)1866, Johannes (s)1869 -USA, Peder (s )b 1872-1874,Peder (s)1875 -Meland , Ola (s) 1877, died 3mnths old , Ola (s) 1880-USA But no info about when the parents died . Tove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mausey Hagen

Tove, Thank you very much for looking into this. The Ole that was born in 1880 was my grandfather. When he left Norway in 1903 his parents were elderly. I know that he came to the USA twice but I don't know the reason why he went back to Norway unless it was because after visiting with his brother, he had decided he wanted to stay. Are there any records that would show when he returned to Norway? I only know that he returned in 1907 so I don't know when he went back or how long he was in Norway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.