Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17610] Grandaunt in America

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit
 Del

Se 8330 Dette er det jeg vet om min morfars søster Anna :Anna emigrerte til Amerika, Red Wing, Goodhue, Minnesota og ble gift Berg. De fikk en sønn, David som levde i Minneapolis i 1966 - det stod bakpå et bilde mors kusine fant i noen gamle papirer. Anna var død før 1966 for hun står ikke oppført som slekt i søsterns Sina obituary. Hun drog fra Oslo den 28 april 1921 med M/S United States fra selskapet Skand Amerika Linje III.[url="http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passRecord.asp?FNM=ANNA&LNM=NILSEN&PLNM=NILSEN&CGD=F&SYR=1921&EYR=1921&RF=1&SHP=United+States&ALTS=97%7C%3Filsen&ALTS=97%7Cnillsen&HIST=FNM%3DANNA%26LNM%3DNILSEN%26PLNM%3DNILSEN%26CGD%3DF%26SYR%3D1921%26EYR%3D1921%26RF%3D6%26ALTS%3D97%257C%253Filsen%26ALTS%3D97%257Cnillsen%26%7C&pID=100183020169&MID=08175276820083556032&>LenkeSkipet ankom Ellis Island 11. mai 1921. Da er Anna registret her under navnet Anna Nilsen. Hun skulle da på besøk til sin søster Sina Nilsen i Red Wing og adressen er: 1120 W, 4th St. Red Wing Goodhue Minnesota. Jeg har prøvd på forskjellig vis å finne ut mer om Anna, hva mannen het til fornavn, hvor det ble av sønnen David og om han har etterkommere, men uten hell. Har og prøvd å kontakte forskjellige David Berg jeg har funnet, men ingen var den rette.Nilsine Cecilia Nilsdtr Tysse ankom Madison, Lac Qui Parle, Minn. i 1910. Hun reiste med Canadian Pacific og drog fra Norge den 17 april 1910. Disse båtene gikk til Canada først. Siden var hun hjemme en tur og drog så over igjen i 1918, denne gangen fra Oslo til Ellis Island med M/S Bergensfjord. Hun ble registrert på Ellis Island 18. februar 1918, da oppgav hun at hun skulle besøke en venn - Leonard Clydon - i Red Wing, Goodhue, MN. Nå står hun oppført som Sina Nilsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Taryn Flolid

On the death index I found this David Berg with the mother's maiden name Nilson. BERG, DAVID GUSTAF CertID# 1989-MN-018222 Date of Birth: Place of Birth: Mother Maiden Name: 02/12/1927 MINNESOTA NILSON Date of Death: County of Death: 07/11/1989 MILLE LACSHe died in Mille Lacs county, but I wonder if you get his death certificate if it will tell his mother's name and father's?The birth year seems like it could work.This lady Gwen will get the death certificate and other records from the Minnesota state historical society pretty cheaply for you.[url="http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/pageload.cgi?Sackrison::mn::9526.html>Lenkedeath($1.00) obits($3.00) and other research-MN Posted by: Gwen Sackrison (ID *****1543) Date: August 11, 2003 at 13:51:43 of 9760 death($1.00) obits($3.00) and other research-MN Posted by: Gwen Sackrison (ID *****1543) Date: August 11, 2003 at 13:51:43 of 9760 I am still doing MN research for people who are unable to get here..If you need help, please e-mail me Sackrison@angelfire.com thanks.. I have used her services and she did a good job.Also, the county historical societies might do some searching for you.Here is the webpage for all the county historical society addresses

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks a lot Taryn. The birth year certainly seems plausible. Her name could also have been changed to Nilson as that was often the case. One of my great great grandfathers that emigrated was called Anders Larsen and he became Andrew Larson and all his descendants over there : Anderson (Kansas)I'll try to get in contact with Gwen, he must have been around somewhere. And if he married, I guess that would be mentioned in his obituary too.Best regards Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I forgot to mention Anna's birthdate. She was born in Tysse, Samnanger, Norway on Oct. 5, 1895 and christened on Oct. 27 1895.Her parents were Nils Monsson Skar(d) and Seselia Pedersdt Tysse.I've looked for her on Family Search, but can't find her death. mvh Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Can't find her either, Kjellaug...And, I have gone through the 1930 census, looked at all David Berg born after 1921... none with a mother Anna...Strange.. you are sure of the name Berg, right? Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes, I'm sure of that as this was the name on the papers my mother's cousin found and David Berg is also mentioned in Sina's obiturary as being her nephew. In 1966, my mother's cousin said, it seemed that David lived in Minneapolis.Thanks anyhow Laila-:)It sure is a bit mysterious though, she must be somewhere.mvh Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

In MHS's death certificates, I found a certain Anna Berg born May 10, 1895 and died Nov 21- 1956 in Hennepin MN.Is it possible that the month and the day have been changed? My granaunt Anna was born Oct 5, 1985.Her mother's maiden name was Peterson and my Anna's mother was Pedersdtr.Cet ID # 1956 - MN - 005273I've spent hours looking through these certificates and this is the closest I can come up with. I've also tried her father's name, Nilsen, to no avail.Is there a possibility of knowing more about this? I had an answer from Gwen, she's going to search too.mvh Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kathy Bergan Schmidt

The custom here in the US is to interpret a date written 10/5/1895 as October 5th, 1895, not May 10th, 1895, as Norway and the rest of Europe would. I think that is what is behind the date 'change.' I have some of the same kind of 'changes' in records from my own family.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That was what I thought, it could have been written 5/10/1895 on her birth certificate and thus have been interpreted as May 10, 1895 in the States. Well, I'll have to wait and see. She was the only one I found that could be a possible candidate.Regards kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

To Taryn and anyone else who's tried to help me. I just got a mail from Gwen, she's found them!! I'm now going to find out how to get the money over to her as she does not ask for much ($8) and she'll send me the different certificates and obituaries.It certainly didn't take her long. She said she had her own ways of finding out-:)Thanks again Taryn for giving me her address.Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Det høres bra ut, men ... jeg er litt forsiktig hvor jeg setter opp mitt bank kort. Takk allikevel.mvh Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.