Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17767] Gust Gilbertson b. 1863-4 - Marriage and Emigration record

Gjest Andrew Peterson
 Del

Gjest Andrew Peterson

In the 1930 census, the son born in 1899-1900 Norway is listed as Williams, not Nickolaus. His year of emigration is 1901, also 1901 for his mother Mina. The father Gust Gilbertson lists his year of emigration as 1896.Perhaps this family shows up in the 1900 Norway telling?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Eide

Gustav Edvardsen and Anton Edvardsen shown in the Ullensaker 1875 census are most likely the same persons that are leaving Kristiania in 1882 as :Gustav Gilberts and Anton Gilberts. In the 1875 census they are listed by their own 'patrionymicon' :-Edvardsen-. By emigration they are listed by their father`s 'amercanized patrionymicon' -Gilberts.-Btw, you can probably forget searching for the former mentioned probate in Norway, because the remaining family is leaving in 1885; destination Chicago, Ill.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

No, I do not think this Gustav and Anton are my ancestors. I do not see any linkage to Mina Arntsdatter or the 1896 and 1901 emigration dates.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

In 1900 census, no Anton and Gustav Gilbertson are connected by location.Anyway, I think Gust is in Norway around 1900. he had to be there around that time to father his son born in 1899-1900!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Here is the sailng:LenkeAnd they were travelling with my great, great grandparents Peder and Pauline Evensen from Nes Hedmark! We did not know they even came to America! They are the parents of Andrew Pedersen, who married Emma Arntsdatter, Mina's sister. An unbelieveable find!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Andrew Peterson

Can someone please explain the relationship of this boy to Peder and Pauline Evensen?LenkePeder and Pauline Evensen's son Anders Pedersen is married to Mina's sister Emma. What is the relationship of this boy to Gustaf Gulbrandsen?Could it be his son from a previous marriage? Was Gulbrandsen widowed or divorced before he married Mina?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Hi, I believe Olaf might be Gust's son. The 1900-census shows that he is in foster home. He might be an illegitimate child.The family arrived in New York on March 30th, 1901, sailing from Liverpool on the 'Servia'. Here is their Ellis Island manifest: LenkeIt says that Gust has been in the US before, between 189?-1900..! :-)Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Kjørekarl hos Kulhandler Johnsen means 'chauffeur for coal dealer/merchant Johnsen'.Ved Siden af means 'beside'.It could indicate that the chauffeur-job was not his main job... ?Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.