Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17800] Hopland Probate Records

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am trying to find the parents of Eli Antonsdatter Hopland. Eli married Ole Jenssen Rand in 1753. I believe that her parents may be Antonius Melchersen Hopland and Brithe Olsdatter Søreide. I could not find a Probate record for Antonius, but I did find one for a Brithe Olsdatter -- not sure if it is the right one or not. The probate record is for Hopland gard (Gloppen) on page 119, protocol 11.Would you please tell me if this is the widow of Antonius Melchersen and mother of Eli Antonsdatter?I appreciate your assistance...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

The probate court gathered at Hopland April 26, 1751. Brithe Olsdatter was the wife of Antonius Melchersen, and and their two daughters Eli, age 21, and Christi, age 15, were the heirs.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Yngve. This tells me I have the right person. One last question... did the probate record mention Brita's age at the time of her death? I would like to trace her family back, but I do not have much to go on, except that her marriage record states that she was from Søreide gard. That is all I know, so far.I appreciate your assistance.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

Unfortunately, no age given. Brithe must have married Antonius before 1730, most likely 20-30 years old, so I guess she was born around 1700+/- 5 years.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.