Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17816] Tjugen gard

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Can anyone tell me a newer name for the farm 'Tjugen'? I cannot find it in the farm name database (O. Rygh). I believe it was in Stryn or Indviken.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Knut! That was the one I thought it had to be... it was the only one even close.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jarl V. Erichsen

I am not sure if you really mean that Tyva is a newer name? I believe the common written form now is Tjugen. But, of course in O. Rygh and other sources, you may have to use other varieties.. Look at this site - http://www.tjugen.no/- Jarl -

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

I think you are right, Jarl. 'Tyva' can hardly be a NEWER name. In fact I have never heard any other name on that farm (which I visited for the first time in 1963) than 'Tjugen'. I was surprised when I found 'Tyva' on the official map from Statens Kartverk. I was even more surprised when I looked up O. Rygh and found that 'Tjugen' is not mentioned at all, - although 'Tiufven' from 1723 is not very far away. Has anyone comments to the pronounciation and spelling of this farm's name?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You know, I really appreciate your responses. I feel a little better about my confusion, now that I see I am not the only one! Perhaps one of you can tell me about O. Rygh... Is this a reliable resource for farm names? They list 'Tyva' as the gardsnavn and Tiufven and Tjuven as older forms of the name. So, is the general consensus that the 'current' name is Tjugen?Thank you all for your feedback...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jarl V. Erichsen

'O. Rygh' is our basic analytic source conserning the farm-names. As far as I understand he was a professor at our national university, and - together with students ++ - he collected and analyzed these names. But this is 100 years ago, and there hase been newer work on this, but not so wide and complete. There are discussions and his conclusions are not always accepted as correct. But we all use it...!In the 'bygdebok' for Innvik/Stryn the author - Jacob Aaland - writes that the local people says 'Tyva'.Are you looking for some specific persons at Tjugen?- Jarl -

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Jarl, for that explanation. I did not know the background of O. Rygh, and it is very interesting.My g-g grandmother was Johanne Hansdatter Tjugen, born 1817 at Loen. In 1838, she married her first husband Rasmus Olsen Tjugen (b. abt 1818) -- my ancestor was her second husband, Anders Jensen Blaksæter.Also, in 1836, Johanna's half-sister Anne Hansdatter Loen married Anders Olsen Næsdal-Tyven (b. abt 1816).I have wondered that these two men (Rasmus and Anders Olsen) may be brothers. Perhaps you can confirm that for me. I thought I should have been able to locate their birth records in 'Births in Innvik 1815-1899', but could not positively confirm them.Thank you again for your help...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Åse, for this information. So, you agree that they are brothers? I was not sure, because these two men (in the link you provided) were born at Næsdal. But in the marriage record, Ramus is from Tjugen and Anders is from Næsdal-Tyven. So, it looks like the two brothers were born at Næsdal and moved to Tjugen later... Anyway, that is the reason I could not confirm positively that they were brothers. Although it seemed likely.Thanks again...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.