Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17832] Emigranter fra Stavanger 1860-tallet

Gjest Elin Galtung Lihaug
 Del

Gjest Elin Galtung Lihaug

En bekjent av meg i USA har funnet en slektning i Digitalarkivets emigrantlister: LenkeHun skriver: 'We are looking at Chrisopher Christophersen Floden (thomps) from Hetland, going to Livingston Co., ILL. His number is 62520. He, his wife and their 7 children immigrated in 1860 according to the comments column.My question: in the source column (kilde) there is only the following: L.M. FEVOLD, IOWA. What/Who is this? The name of some man in Iowa who did what? Recruit immigrants? Submitted the listed to Digitalarkivet? Did this guy buy their tickets? If he was from Iowa, why was he recruiting people to go to Illinois? We don't think he was any relation.'Kan noen si noe om hva L. M. Fevold har med emigranten Christopher Christophersen Floden å gjøre?Elin Galtung Lihaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Oldervoll

I cannot say who L.M.Fevold WAS, but I can say something about who he was NOT. He was not recruiting, nor buy the ticket, nor any relation. The point is that the emigration lists from Stavanger was burned. Our material is a reconstruction, made by Utvanderersenteret in Stavanger. F.M.Fevold is the source where they found the names given in the database.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ket Henriksen

Kristoffer Kristoffersen b.Eltervåg og Marta Marie Olsdtr b.SvihusIf you need further information about their ancestors, they can be found in the following books:'Riska Gardar og tettsted' by Eivind Smith - (Eltarvåg page 87) 'Høyland Gards- og Ættesoge' by Ola Aurenes - (Svihus page 403) andKet Henriksen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.