Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17893] Fostervold (Elen Duaas)

Gjest Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson
 Del

1900 census for Øre, Duaasen farm, Elling Duaas, born 1846, head of house. His wife is Elen, born 1854. Can anyone look up in a farm book if her maiden name was Fostervold. If so, who were here parents?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torgeir Kvalvaag

Elen Mathiasd. Fostervold (1854-1935) was the daughter of Mathias Eriksen Fostervold/Nistua and Ane Johnsd. Sannes. Mathias and Ane were not married.Erling/Elling and Elen Duaas had eight children- four of them emigrated to the USA. The farm was in 1951 sold to someone outside the family.While Mathias Eriksen replaced his father on one of the Fostervollen farms, I'm not sure as to what happened to Ane/Anne or where she came from.Two of Mathias' children, Mikal and Ingeborg Anna, emigrated to USA. Another daughter, Berit Maria, was married to Mikal Knutson Fostervold/Oppistua, the son of Knut Mikalson Sandnes and Gurå Kristensd. Fostervold.And the rest of that story I guess you know.Regards.Torgeir Kvalvaag

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I had found Elen in the Fostervoll farm book pages, but her last name what listed as Sandnes. I guess that's what confused me. Who would Anne Johnsd. Sannes have been? I have made contact with Elen's grandson. He spells his last name Duoos, there are many of his family living in the Minnesota. It is possible this Mathias Fostervold is not of the same bloodline as me, but the Sandnes maybe is. Beret Fostervold from this bloodline married one of my Fostervold bloodline. Confusing!!! My aunt says we aren't related, but looks like I might be related at least to some of them by marriage at least.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.